digital tunner problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pradhan

Original poster
May 24, 2009
new jersey
Hi,

I have dtv pal digital tuner box. Recently I got Verizon fios tv service. I am trying to use this digital tuner box to get verizon fios tv service but it does not work. Can dtv pal digital tuner box be used to get verizon fios tv service?

No. You're talking apples and oranges. Those DTV coverters are for over-the-air broadcasts. They don't work for digital cable. If you had gotten a QAM tuner, then you could have gotten some of Verizon's channels - all those that are carried in the clear (unencrypted). Which includes locals and digital music channels (Music Choice and Urge). All other channels are encrypted, which means that you need one of Verizon's boxes, or at the very least a cable card from Verizon (assuming you had a device that could accept a cable card) to be able to get those channels.

Once again, though, what you got was a tuner to get over-the-air broadcasts. Not cable. It won't work with Verizon, or any other cable service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)