Digiwave DGL1189S LNB (linear/circ) Review

Status
Please reply by conversation.

concord

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Southern North Carolina
Tried placing this in the review section, but was refused...so I'll post here...

Since I'm about to let my E* subscription run out, retire my 6000 and wait to see what additional HD channels finally appear, I wanted to get at least NASA channel from E7, which will requires circular lnb.

I figured that the Invacom QPH-031 would be too heavy from my dish, then I came across the Digiwave DGL1189S (see specs in picture below). It will receive both linear and circular polarization. The noise figure was stated as 0.5dB, but the box states 0.6dB. It is the same size as an old Dish LNB, but had less weight however heavier than the ULN1 (see picture below).

Equipment setup:
Receiver: Fortec Mercury II
Dish: 31” Fortec
Motor: HH90
LNB: UNL1, 1189S

I was able to get the NASA channel on E7, but in the process, I lost G10R channels. I tried different skews, moved dish up/down, left/right to no avail. I recorded signal quality on various sats and transponders, as shown in the picture below and compared it with the ULN1.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I was not impressed and will be switching back to the ULN1. I noticed that when the temp went from 55 to 25 overnight, I lost additional channels.

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    specs.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,071
  • LNB_comparison.jpg
    LNB_comparison.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 1,200
  • LNB_Results.jpg
    LNB_Results.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 992
Wow, nice review and summary. It seems our Sadoun ULN1 LNBF beat the Digiwave hands down. I am not surprised because the ULN1 is a high performance LNBF with excellent gain & stability (important feature).

I would like to add my two cents to this review.

Pansat 3500
33" motorized dish
LNB- NEW Digiwave DGL-1189S Twin Circular/Linear LNBF

My old starndad lnb had been chugging along for years, until it really fell apart. I decided to order on of these to see what it would do. Got it from a larger website in NY.
Tried blind scanning, worked great for all the cirlular, great quality/signal, but as far as the linear side, it would never find a TP that was above 11990. I tried plugging in some info manually and it couldn't find anything.

I would up getting a WSI Standard ESX521 and it was twice the money I paid for it!!!

I thought maybe I just got a bad one, tried to give a call to sat-sales tech support, tried their sales line, sent them emails. Phone was probably a screened cell. Never have heard back from them.

So there is my experience with the Digiwave dual combo lnb

And also my review on sat-sales in NY

worked great for all the cirlular, great quality/signal, but as far as the linear side, it would never find a TP that was above 11990.

the digiwave 1189s is only a circular LNB not linear....so there is no "linear side" as you refer to it....it is basically a universal circular LNB because its capable of getting circular TPs from 11700-12750....this LNB is really made so "eye patchers" can get 118w and 119w on the same LNB....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)