DigiWave LNB information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Onjai

Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
Winnipeg
Hi!
I'm a FTA newbie. I purchased a Viewsat VS2000 Ultra, 33inch dish and A DigiWave DGL990D Ku-Band LNBF.
Can anyone tell me how to set up for the Galaxy 25? I'm trying to locate this bird but am not sure what LNB type this is, Standard or Universal? The LO on the LNB is 10.75GHz. Should the 22KHz tone be On or OFF? This will help me out, I hope, because as it stands right now, I cannot locate anything.
thanks!

Digiwave and viewsat vs2000 ultra

Hi qwert1515 and thank you for the reply! I must admit there is a lot to learn with FTA.

I'm having an issue with a Digiwave SATF105 Satellite Finder as it will not power up from the VS2000 receiver. I thought that the Dish IN port on the receiver has a 13VDC to 18VDC. I put a multimeter on it and there was no 13-18VDC. I'm wondering now if this sat finder will work with this receiver. Anyone else have the same experience?

There should be a symbol of a dish, and/or it should be labeled something like: LNB IN
Don't use the other one labeled : LNB OUT (or IF Out).
Some receivers may also have two other screw-on F connectors labeled something like TV and/or Antenna.

But nearly all receivers also have a setup in the menu to turn on or off LNB power.
Not familiar with that particular FTA receiver, but ya might take a look.
Is this receiver new or used?

For finding your satellites, we have a nice calculator at TheList
That list of satellites will also be your friend when you need technical info on 'em.

Hi qwert1515 and thank you for the reply! I must admit there is a lot to learn with FTA.

I'm having an issue with a Digiwave SATF105 Satellite Finder as it will not power up from the VS2000 receiver. I thought that the Dish IN port on the receiver has a 13VDC to 18VDC. I put a multimeter on it and there was no 13-18VDC. I'm wondering now if this sat finder will work with this receiver. Anyone else have the same experience?
You should have voltage at the LNB/Dish in port. Make sure your set up has power ON for the LNB. Without voltage the satfinder won't work nor will the LNB.
Bob
AND :welcome to Satellite Guys!

The Viewsat vs2000 is new. I will check the voltage reading again with the receiver set to the LNB power ON. Hopefully that will work. I took the receiver over to the Tech guys at the store where I purchased it and they said it worked fine. They also said that the LNB frequency had to be set properly and the Tp set for Galaxy 25. So, for my LNB, I should set:

LNB frequency to 11250
Tp to 12115V
LNB type=standard
22KHz=OFF.
Dish elevation 32.8
Azimuth(mag) 175.8 deg.

Some sites say that the LNB skew should be -0.2 deg. However, this is a very small angle, so I ddi not adjust it. Does any of this sound correct? All I'm trying to do is pick up this bird and it's free channels.

The LNBF LO will need to be set to 10750.

TP 12177V will provide a stronger transponder that will make finding the satellite easier.

The other settings are correct.

Wow.:) the forum support here is amazing :up. Thank you everyone!
The satellite and receiver is my mom and dad's, so, I'll try these settings and report back to y'all in a couple of days. Looks like snow is coming this week and I'm going to try and set the dish and receiver up before I need a blow torch and parka to keep me warm on the roof.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts