Diplexer and install questions HELP

eg9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Sean.. and others.. I read the "Read Me First" guide and just spoke to my installer(1min ago) about installing using a diplexer. I read him the part of asking the installer to run each antenna's signal via its own coax all the way to the back of the VOOM Box, and he said that he doesn't do that. He said VOOM supplies an ampliphied diplexer and that's it.
Is this okay? What should I do? Will I experience more reception issues than normal??

Thanks in advace to all,

eg9

eg9 said:
Sean.. and others.. I read the "Read Me First" guide and just spoke to my installer(1min ago) about installing using a diplexer. I read him the part of asking the installer to run each antenna's signal via its own coax all the way to the back of the VOOM Box, and he said that he doesn't do that. He said VOOM supplies an ampliphied diplexer and that's it.
Is this okay? What should I do? Will I experience more reception issues than normal??

Thanks in advace to all,

eg9

The diplexer isn't amplified--the stealth antenna is. I haven't had any issues with my OTA digitals, other than my antenna being backward. If you are in a fringe area, the signal you would gain by eliminating the diplexer doesn't make up for having the proper antenna (it would be a perhaps temporary and indirect fix)--which Voom will pay for. I wouldn't worry about the diplexer situation now. Make sure the guy points the stealth toward your affiliates properly (elements fanning out toward the towers) and installs the diplexer properly. If you don't get your locals with tweaking after that, you need an upgraded antenna.

The diplexer has created a lot of problems.

1-reduces ota signal
2-have been responsible for producing video lines in the picture
3-another gadget that you will need to check if things go wrong.

Question, not an attempt to refute what you said:

How does the diplexer insert lines into a digital picture?

cameron119 said:
Question, not an attempt to refute what you said:

How does the diplexer insert lines into a digital picture?

There has been reports that either a defective diplexer or some other reason was responsible for adding video lines to the picture. The reports confirmed that after taking out the diplexer, the lines were gone. This could have been defective diplexers but I don't have enough data to say it was defective. This is what I tell people not to use them if they don't have to. It will create less problems.

WOW! The installer refuses to install separate lines. I called Install.Inc. and they too said the diplexer is okay.

They told me to call VOOM and ask for the Winegaurd(?) Fensar Antenna for 55mile range since I am on the "Fringe".

Advice?

eg9

eg9,

I strongly recommend not to do it. I will even go to the point of paying him and then send an email to Joe Harkins so that you can get reimburse for the money. This is me. I am not saying that you will get your money back guarantee either. But most people has gotten back theirs.

Sean-

THank you for your help. I coaxed him to come on a Monday to fish the second feed and get rid of the Diplexer. I'm also upgrading to a better antenna.

THanks again,

eg9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)