VoomHD+free install=$100?!?!?!

socalpanman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 12, 2005
San Rafael CA
Voom DBS was a great concept, a quality, value based, HD focused, DBS with its own ground breaking original programming. But business wise??????...

What part of free installation equates to $100 for an extra antenna. Rainbow in an agreement with Dishnetwork advertises on Voom.com that Dish will provide Voom HD programming in up to 4 rooms, HD receivers with 180 stations at a flat $19.99 for three months.

As we have all learned NONE of this is true. No "ifs" "fees" "exclusions" "not including" "does not imply" "*" or footnotes of any kind anywhere in the offer. This is many forms of an "F" word.

So many "fishy" things with this Rainbow/Echostar relationship as it unfolds. Time to start filling out new forms at some .gov sites.

Did you really expect anything different? Limited program providers = limited customer service & truth in advertising. Sugestion, just wait a month or two and see what pans out.
-scott

adtoolco said:
Hey panman are you a prospector?

Always looking for the edge of the envelope. Willing to take risks BUT I do require straight dealing.

If we consumers want the market to improve we've got to do our part and say no to scams. Can't be lemmings.

On the phone with E* right now; they tell me the free extra dish at 148 for the locals (SoCal) can't be pointed at 61.5 cause it's "required by law". But when I was originally signing up, the guy asked me if I wanted the extra dish. But I did get switched to the 3 months @ $20 deal. I'll ask the installer to point the 148 at 61.5 instead, or just have my Voom dish pointed at 61.5 (gotta take it off the rotting patio cover anyway).

And I just got my first taste of E* customer "service". I sure hope I don't need to call them anymore!

I signed with E* on 29, day before VOOM was going pitch black.
I called E*, installer will come this friday and install the second dish(had to pay $100).
I was thinking of getting second dish anyway (for russian tv)...

E* customer service is horrible, when i was getting E* I asked if I need a second dish for international programming, I was assured - NO... on 29th I had E* installed... and on 30th I decided to call E* to get some russian channels to check them out, they charged my card and asked to wait for 10 minutes for channels to show up, after an hour I called them asking where are my channels, after 1 hour of being transferred back and forth and trying to figure out what is wrong, I get tech support who is shocked how they were able to add international programming with 1 dish setup.
so now I will get a second dish to view VOOM10 off 61.5 satellite, and it turns out that russian programming is also located on 61.5(mirror of 148 I guess)... so it kinda works out for me... I was fighting to get $100 charge waived off because of their mess up... No such luck...

Miss you VaVaVOOM ! ! !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)