Diplexer Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

franknd

Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Okay, I have a MPEG-4/5LNB dish with three receivers. Two are non-HD and work fine and one is an H20-100 on which I receive the HD package and locals. On that receiver, I have a limited reception problem, limited to: 1) HD broadcasts of MLB Extra Innings games (but not ESPN HD or network HD), and 2) channels 290-298.
Furthermore, I have isolated the problem to my diplexer. It serves to split my internet service (Cox cable modem internet) and my DTV signal. I isolated this as the problem by removing the diplexer and cutting my internet service out of the equation and simply running the DTV service directly without the diplexer. Problem solved. All of the affected channels came back perfectly. Of course, that leaves me without my internet service.
So . . . is there some sort of upgraded diplexer I can get to fix this problem so that I can have both fully-functioning DTV and cable internet? DTV came out and replaced the diplexer (and then left it unhooked and pronounced the problem solved, er, without any internet service . . . . :rolleyes:), but of course that didn't solve the problem.
Anyone else face this or have any proposed solutions? Thanks!

Okay, I have a MPEG-4/5LNB dish with three receivers. Two are non-HD and work fine and one is an H20-100 on which I receive the HD package and locals. On that receiver, I have a limited reception problem, limited to: 1) HD broadcasts of MLB Extra Innings games (but not ESPN HD or network HD), and 2) channels 290-298.
Furthermore, I have isolated the problem to my diplexer. It serves to split my internet service (Cox cable modem internet) and my DTV signal. I isolated this as the problem by removing the diplexer and cutting my internet service out of the equation and simply running the DTV service directly without the diplexer. Problem solved. All of the affected channels came back perfectly. Of course, that leaves me without my internet service.
So . . . is there some sort of upgraded diplexer I can get to fix this problem so that I can have both fully-functioning DTV and cable internet? DTV came out and replaced the diplexer (and then left it unhooked and pronounced the problem solved, er, without any internet service . . . . :rolleyes:), but of course that didn't solve the problem.
Anyone else face this or have any proposed solutions? Thanks!
Because of the signal frequencies used by D* with the Ka satellites DIPLEXERS CANNOT BE USED you will need a separate line for your internet. GUESS YOU HAD ANOTHER STUPID INSTALLER IF HE PUT IN A DIPLEXER and was trained by D*.:)

As a new installer i've never been shown how to"mirror"a receiver so a customer can have 1 receiver operate more than 1 TV yet I am given WO's that ask me to do this.Can anyone tell me how to mirror a receiver?

Because of the signal frequencies used by D* with the Ka satellites DIPLEXERS CANNOT BE USED you will need a separate line for your internet. GUESS YOU HAD ANOTHER STUPID INSTALLER IF HE PUT IN A DIPLEXER and was trained by D*.:)
Should I expect DirecTV to do the work for this, that is run the separate, dedicated line, for free? It would make sense to me that they ought to since my alternative is to flip everything over to Cox, including TV, but I'm wondering if anyone else has pushed them on this.

Franknd,

You can get them to run a line from the sat dish to your tv. Just connect the internet line as you want it and get them to run the sat line. Diplexers don't work with the internet service even though they should. Others know why.,Maybe.

Yo Lowesnipe,

Let me give you one word..splitter. put a splitter on the output from the receiver (IRD) to the TV.
Run lines to the TVs......they will all be on the same channel. My record is six lines including one in the head (water closet).

How does the DTV truck drive?

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)