diplexers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gmbrv

Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
louisiana
I need some advice. I have had standard definition satellite in my motorhomes for more than 10 years. I have a KVH dome on my roof and an 18 round dish for setup if needed. The feed for the 18 inch dish connects to a diplexer along with the cable input when cable is available. The signal is then split with another diplexer before the rg6 enters the satellite receiver and the cable input on the winegard selector box. I would now like to go to HD on at least one of my 3 tv's. I prsently have an HR24 with HDMI to the front tv and the component outputs to a rf modulator and the rg6 to my winegard selector box satellite in for my other 2 tv's. At present SD from my KVH dome works fine on all 3 tv's. Here comes my confusion. I have purchased a non SWM 5lnb slimline and have ordered a heavy duty tripod to set it on. Will my present wiring set up with the incoming satellite HD signal work sharing the incoming rg6 with cable via diplexers?

Last edited:
The B-band satellite signals from the 99 and 103 satellites are downconverted by the LNB to 250-750 MHz, which overlaps the UHF TV and cable frequencies. You could, however use a diplexer after the B-band converter (which shifts these signals to 1650-2150 MHz). If you purchase a SWM8, it also shifts the frequencies and has a built-in diplexer.

Bob,
Sorry I am so ignorant. If I understand you, if I put the b band converter on my incoming line before the incoming diplexer this will work. With this set up will the cable signal be affected? This gets so confusing, I am about ready to give up on HD for now and just stick with the SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts