Novice: Diplexer to Combine HOA Sat Channels with Our DirectTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

romanorus

Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Phoenix
Hi,

Our HOA provides some basic satellite channels in our condo. In addition, we have a DirectTV 5Lnb SWM.

We were hoping to combine the two into one so that any TV's with boxes could get the DirectTV channels (or all channels) and that those TV's without boxes could continue to get the HOA channels like they currently do.

I am a novice but it sounds like a diplexer would do this, right??

If so, after reading some threads it appears that it would have to be a diplexer that works with SWM, someone suggested a 9501 and someone suggested a SWM White Label????

If above is right, I assume I need a diplexer at the front end to combine but then do I need a diplexer at each tv?

Thanks for any help.

romanorus said:
Hi,

Our HOA provides some basic satellite channels in our condo. In addition, we have a DirectTV 5Lnb SWM.

We were hoping to combine the two into one so that any TV's with boxes could get the DirectTV channels (or all channels) and that those TV's without boxes could continue to get the HOA channels like they currently do.

If so, after reading some threads it appears that it would have to be a diplexer that works with SWM, someone suggested a 9501 and someone suggested a SWM White Label????

If above is right, I assume I need a diplexer at the front end to combine but then do I need a diplexer at each tv?

Thanks for any help.

Diplexing SWM is a bad idea. If you're wanting to use MRV it won't work. Is this a home, apartment, condo?

It is a condo. We are not plannng to have MRV so it is okay.
Hi,

Thanks for any help.

I've seen some threads that suggest diplexing SWM is doable except that it does not work if I want MRV which is ok. But the other thread deal mostly with OTA and so I am hoping to get guidance on whether it will work to combine our DirectTV with the HOA satellite feed and if so, what diplexor I should use.

Status
Please reply by conversation.