Diplexing ka/ku dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
I have heard two different theory's on this. i have heard before you can not diplex this dish but I have also heard you can but you have to put the diplexer after the b band converter. Has anyone tried this? It is really just to get the game on fox this weekend as dtv does not have fox hd in the area

The diplexer must be inside the line from the bband converter. Works fine. However The Bband converter is not designed for outside weather so it is not always possible to do this. If you can find a place to protect the BBC then it will work. Can't wait for the new slimline SWM's that have the BBC built in.. It will simplify so many things.

so if i come out of the b band converter into the diplxer i will be all set? even right at the receiver?

Diplexers come in twos.. It's the first one you have to worry about.. Not the one at the receiver.. Both diplexers have to be inside the BBC... Which in most cases means the BBC must be on the outside of the house.. And since it's not weather protected it won't last long outside.. If you can diplex inside your attic or in a protected place then you can put the BBC outside that loop..

got it thanks. groundblock is in the basement so bbc before the ground out of the ground to diplxer and second diplxer at receiver. thanks for the help

Or BBC after the ground block and then from BBC to diplexer. Just so long as the BBC goes in the cable line before the first diplexer. Then your second diplexer at the receiver. If you can get everything like this in the basement then it will work.. Just hope your basement isn't prone to a lot of moisture.. Hope all goes well for you.

First time poster. I can't quite follow the replies above. I have a job where the cabling is already complete. The cable is fished through the walls and the walls are closed. The customer is running basic cable right now to receive Boston area locals because direcTV will only broadcast Providense locals at his subscribed location. So, I need to diplex the cable and KaKu.

According to the replies above it can be done. I'm just a little foggy on the steps. I have 1 incoming cable split to 8 TVs and at the same location I have 4 incoming lines from the slimline dish going into a 6x8 wide band zinwell. Ihave to share the existing lines going to the TVs. The DTV receivers will be located at the TVs.

A simple schematic would be helpfull. Free free to send to my email address - lrod@com-air.tv

Thank you.

First time poster. I can't quite follow the replies above. I have a job where the cabling is already complete. The cable is fished through the walls and the walls are closed. The customer is running basic cable right now to receive Boston area locals because direcTV will only broadcast Providense locals at his subscribed location. So, I need to diplex the cable and KaKu.

According to the replies above it can be done. I'm just a little foggy on the steps. I have 1 incoming cable split to 8 TVs and at the same location I have 4 incoming lines from the slimline dish going into a 6x8 wide band zinwell. Ihave to share the existing lines going to the TVs. The DTV receivers will be located at the TVs.

A simple schematic would be helpfull. Free free to send to my email address - lrod@com-air.tv

Thank you.

You can diplex an off the air antenna using the above method,but cable will only work at certain band widths,For example DirecTV diplexed with a cable modem will only work 1% of the time. "You will be missing a large chunk of band width on the cable side.

ANT/cable signal------#1Diplexer------cable--------#2Diplexer----Ant/cable signal
SAT signal-----BBC---#1Diplexer------------------#2Diplexer---Sat signal---Receiver unit.

The part labeled "cable" is a single cable line going between two diplexers.

Last edited:
It's also possible, but not officially advised by D*, to diplex in OTA with a SWM LNB.

Tt was mentioned earlier that the BBC had to be located outside or in the basement. Is that necessary? Right now my SAT cables are in an AV closet running into a WB6x8. The receiver locations are 20 to 50 feet away from the WB6x8. Can I use the diplexer setup after the WB6x8? For example can I:

4 satellite cables from the KAKU dish are run into an A/V room and into a wideband 6x8 multi-switch, 8 cables run out of the wide band multi-switch, attach BBCs to each line, attach additional lines to the BBCs, run these lines into the SAT-IN on the diplexer, run cableTV lines into the ANT-IN on the diplexer, continue these 8 single lines from the output of the diplexers into the input of the diplexer at the receiver, SAT-OUT into the H21 satellite receivers and ANT-OUT into the TVs RF inputs.

Is that about right?

Hope this isn't too much. I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts