Diplexing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Actually, it's the MoCA that isn't compatible with OTA diplexing. Any attempt to diplex is (reportedly) guaranteed to kill the MoCA signal. You could always run the Joey on Ethernet/WiFi if possible.

Ahhhhh. So, it's MOCA, which is basically the entire Joey feed, that made OTA diplexing incompatible with the Hopper. I'm trying to avoid running another cable to the guestroom, so running Ethernet would be just as troublesome.

For wi-fi, does the Joey work with the same USB wi-fi adapter that works with the Hopper? Or, would I need a Wireless Joey?

I know that the wireless Joey is being discussed in the forums. But, I don't see it listed on the Dish site's receivers page.

Does anybody know if the Super Joey is also compatible with the USB wi-fi adapter?

The Super Joey requires coax because it is connected directly to the LNB by the coax. So it cannot work by wifi.

Do you think the add'l streaming content would be too much for a solid wi-fi N connection to handle?
Plus, it would only be on those occasions where the additional tuners are being used.

As previously stated, Super Joey won't work without a coax connection, however the regular Joey should be fine with a solid N connection.

Does it use a dual node like a two Hopper setup?
It uses a solo node and an "Integrator" which is basically a type of diplexor. 3 lines from the dish, two to the node, one to the integrator, the integrator hooks to the node's client port, then the other side of the integrator goes to the SJ.

It uses a solo node and an "Integrator" which is basically a type of diplexor. 3 lines from the dish, two to the node, one to the integrator, the integrator hooks to the node's client port, then the other side of the integrator goes to the SJ.
I see. So, I'd have to run a 3rd line from the switch. That's easy, if I ever decide to upgrade.

I got my super joey Friday night and was all ready to hook it up and guess what? My solo node that I just hooked back up to go down to just a hopper and super joey and one joey, died when we lost power around noon that day. So I hooked back up the dual node and got my tv to work with just one hopper and the two joeys but I couldn't make the integrator work with the dual node. So I ordered another solo node from dishdepot.com and it should be coming by Tuesday if he can overnight it. The super joey did take software download and tired to do a switch check but there was no way to do it since my dual node doesn't work with the integrator. I think they should of made it possible to be used with the dual node anyway. instead of the line going to the second hopper , it should be able to be used for the super joey . Then hook the integrator into the client port not used and it would work,but NOOOOOO!! So now I have to wait till the solo node replacement comes in to play with my super joey.

What a Summer BUMMER.:thumbdown

The Super Joey will actually work on the other host port of the duo node. It's just not a "supported" method. I believe the main reason they went with the solo node/integrator option is because the bean counters figured out that it would save a few dollars per install. Just connect it directly to the host port, no integrator required. Take note that, just like in two-Hopper setups, the duo node will require three lines from the dish in order to work.

Are you sure about that? I know the sjoey will work on the CLIENT port of a solo node without an integrater, why wouldn't it be the same on a duo node? And just make sure any open ports are capped off..

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The Super Joey will actually work on the other host port of the duo node. It's just not a "supported" method. I believe the main reason they went with the solo node/integrator option is because the bean counters figured out that it would save a few dollars per install. Just connect it directly to the host port, no integrator required. Take note that, just like in two-Hopper setups, the duo node will require three lines from the dish in order to work.

Have you tried this? I am not aware of this working yet.

Are you sure about that? I know the sjoey will work on the CLIENT port of a solo node without an integrater, why wouldn't it be the same on a duo node? And just make sure any open ports are capped off..

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
But, doesn't a solo node only have two inputs from the dish, and the SJ requires three (according to folks above)?

Yes, yes it does. Two coax inputs and a Client and Host output.
I know. I recently moved mine during a rewiring project at home.
I was pointing out that connecting a SJ directly to the client output without the integrator doesn't seem to jive with the aforementioned need for three feeds form the dish/switch in a SJ installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)