Diplexor, Sat sig fails with antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Hello!

I have a Dish Pro Twin. only 1 receiver. I added a terk BDS-P1 to the line going in th attic down to the receiver I have the sat and antenna plugged in. I have another BDS-P1 that uncombines the signals. The sat works fine with the diplexor's. However as soon as I plug the antenna feed into my TV (testing antenna for my soon to arrive 811) the Sat Signal dies. Unplug it and it works? I dont have a amp or anything plugged in. In fact I dont have the antenna installed just a loose cable?

I dont have diplexers on my setup (straight run to from antenna to receiver) but the only thing I can think of is one of the diplexers whatever input you used is flipped (antenna going into satellite, etc).

Are the cable connections homemade? If they are, there might be a strand of the outside cable (the ground) touching the inside (the copper center), and when you make that connection into the back of the receiver, it is shorting everything out.

Otherwise, it may be a dead diplexer.

Iceberg said:
I dont have diplexers on my setup (straight run to from antenna to receiver) but the only thing I can think of is one of the diplexers whatever input you used is flipped (antenna going into satellite, etc).

Are the cable connections homemade? If they are, there might be a strand of the outside cable (the ground) touching the inside (the copper center), and when you make that connection into the back of the receiver, it is shorting everything out.

Otherwise, it may be a dead diplexer.

Nevermind, I figured it out! I am not using a preamp,so a DC block was added to each end of the cable. I hope someone else getting ready for Super Bowl can find this useful!

um, I don't get it, I'm getting ready to install my rooftop OTA antenna into my 811 once my two diplexers get here... What I plan on doing is installing my first diplexer on the roof and combing my antenna and dish signal into one cable... then once the cable comes into my home it goes upstairs to my 311 and then one comes downstairs to my 811... just before the cable comes into my 811 I plan on installing my second diplexer and running one cable into the antenna input and another into the sat input... if I didn't make my own cable (got it off ebay and from what the cable company left behind) will I be ok with this? Or do I need one of these DC block thing-a-ma-jigs too?

Installed the two diplexers lat night with my rooftop antenna, couldn't be happier! works great so far....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts