Direc hr20 lease or buy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Maybe someone can clarify this.

Not to long ago I owned all my Direc hd equipment. Now I went out and
bought my HR-20 from Circuit City 299.

Why If I bought it outright does it automaticaly become direc tvs property?
They can still make you sign a 2yr commitment. But why is the equuipment theirs?

Yes, I know thats the way they rope you into a commitment but I bought that ourright?

I also bought outright dishes 622-For some reason dish did not claim it theirs?

It just seems bizzare- However on a plus not Extremely happy with Direc tv!

They're basically providing a service in this case. Some folks don't want to wait for DirecTV to ship or bring them a unit. Some have already gotten all the "special deals" they can from DirecTV so they might as well go get one from a retailer. Retailers need to be clear with folks so the customer doesn't think they're buying a unit in the sense of owning it.

Thanks Randy!

I im use to owning my recievers. I guess however there are advantages to leasing.
Trading up makes sense then.

With a leased receiver, if it breaks DirecTV will send you another at no cost or you may have to pay for shipping. If you own the receiver and it breaks then you are going to have to pay to get it replaced unless you have the protection plan.

Lern4483 - I had a lot of trouble getting used to the idea of leasing my equipment instead of owning it, particularly consumer electronics like my DirecTV units. In fact, I bought, and I mean I own, my H20. Just as DirecTV announced they were going to all leased units I found an Internet dealer selling H20's as owned units. Bought one and got it registered with DirecTV as an owned unit. Subsequently, after reading a lot here and thinking about it, I've changed my mind and my HR20 is leased. I don't resell my used stuff so now I've got two or three old units stuffed away somewhere and they have virtually no resale value. I see no sense in paying minimally twice the price to own something that'll just get stored away once it's obsolete. In the meantime DirecTV charges me the same mirroring fee whether I own it or lease it so there's no savings there. Again, after some thought I decided, whether I liked the idea of leasing versus owning or not, there was no good reason to own.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)