Direc Remote with Olevia TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmr4242

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
Asheville
I have an Olevia LCD and can't get the codes from D* to program the TV. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get the D* remote to control both my receiver and TV? Thanks

If its current model of Olevia, only the rc64 series of directv remotes has a working code, which is 11610. If you have either the rc23, 24, 34 or 32 remotes you're out of luck.

If its current model of Olevia, only the rc64 series of directv remotes has a working code, which is 11610. If you have either the rc23, 24, 34 or 32 remotes you're out of luck.
Where can you find the remote code and is it possible to buy the rc64 if it isnt the one I have?

The model # of the remote is just above the TV INPUT key on the top left corner of the remote. It can be rc64, rc64r, or rc64rb and it will have code 11610.

You can purchase the IR only RC64 from directv.com for $15 including shipping. If you need a RF remote, its $25 including shipping. Even if your receiver doesn't have RF remote capabilities, you still might want the RF remote for it backlighting.

Thanks Edmund I had a rc64r remote and tried your code and it worked. The code that was in the remote setup that DTV gives you on the setup menu never worked so geting another code that works is great thanks again.

Thank you very much got it working!

I just bought two CODY LCD's real cheap for my kids rooms and I cant program my remotes. It seems when I scroll through the options for different brands, it has a thousand, but not CODY. It would seem these days, you could program anything with some sort of scan feature.

Yes, you can codesearch, with tv on and muted try searching by volume:

1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 1
4. enter 1
5. press and release VOL UP
6. point the remote at the tv and keep pressing & releasing the CH UP key, if and when the volume changes
7. press SELECT to lock in code

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)