direct deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a special account that allows the money to be deposited via DD, and the employee can withdraw the full amount in cash immediately, without charge. I know, we have at least one guy doing exactly that. Much cheaper than the liquor store he used to use.

You are right about many people not using a bank and that is a totally different discussion. I personally cannot comprehend why a person doesn't use a bank in this day and age. It makes zero sense.
I have a friend who couldn't get a checking account for years because he bounced checks at a few banks and never paid back the fees.

If a person doesn't have a bank account I wonder how they pay their bills ?

Do they drive directly to the electric company, phone company, etc.. and pay in cash each month ?

Having been one of the "working poor" years ago, I can tell you that money orders and wire transfers were the way to pay bills you couldn't pay in person. Paying bills at the office in cash on the day the bill was due was the other option. I had no bank account because it would have cost me more money than I was willing to spend to have an account. I cashed my pay check at the grocery store every week when I bought the week's groceries.

Had Direct deposit for over 16 years at the prison I work at. Means I never have to leave home to get paid. Just check online and then start paying my bills online. I only get about $100.00 in real cash for spending a month . The rest is all electronic debits and credits. I don't see money being used in the future anyway. Everything is going electronic or digital debits and credit. The only problems I forsee if they did away with actual cash, is if the system crashes. Then you could wipe out everybody in the country with one cyber attack on the internet.

If a person doesn't have a bank account I wonder how they pay their bills ?

Do they drive directly to the electric company, phone company, etc.. and pay in cash each month ?

Yes.

For that matter, I still take a check to the power company most months. I have them, and I am within a few miles a couple of times a week, so why not. Does not cost me anymore to do so.

For the people I was talking about though, yes, they will take cash to the power company, ect. Or a money order

..... I cashed my pay check at the grocery store every week when I bought the week's groceries.

Wow. I'd forgotten - I used to do that too. In fact, all my checks were cashed at the grocery store, used to have some sort of card and account for that.

Wonder what other little tidbits I've forgotten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts