Direct..No HBO Comedy East

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slick173abn

Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Hi from Wisconsin! I just switched from Dish to Direct. I was extremely disapointed to learn that I can't get HBO Comedy East on Direct, which shows some of my favorite programs such as "Curb Your Enthusiasium", "Arlis", etc. Direct said HBO doesn't provide them with this channel. If you like these shows too please let Directv know that you want the channel. Otherwise I am very happy with Direct. The picture quality is far better that Dish.

Thats one reason why I went from DTV (after being their customer for seven years!) to Dish about two years ago. Directv also don't have, Starz Family, Starz Cinemma, Cinemax 5-star and Action-Max, TMC Xtra, and one Showtime channel. You should have checked out what DTV offered before you switched. Before I switched two years ago, I e-mailed DTV on a regular basis, listing these and other channels that I wanted to be able to get, with no response! From the time I switched to about a month ago, they never added any locals, movie channels, etc. (They did add Nicktoons a couple of months ago!)

Good Luck getting them to add any movie channels!

I am a DirecTV sub with HBO. How does those extra channels matter? Don't "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Arli$" also show up other HBO channels? Is it just a matter of schedule issue?

Hong.

Not on other channels

No,I haven't found them on any other channels. They are listed on the Dish & HBO site tv guides however.

Re: Tony

Didn't think I had to check before hand. I never thought they wouldn't have it! HBO is the only premium movie service I wanted. Well, you never know...miracles do happen! But I am very happy with Direct anyway and I get all my locals too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)