Direct Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

No1Hunter

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
North Central Washington State
Ok, so I am looking at moving from E* to Direct and I have been reading a lot of the posts on here. Is there anywhere that explains the HR24, HR22 receivers. what I am looking at is two HDDVRs (whole house) and one HD receiver but I have no clue as to what the model numbers are. Direct TV's site is no help as far as I can tell.

Also, how big is the hard drive in the HDDVR's and can they be hooked to an external drive? If so, does Direct charge for this like E*?

Help me!!!!

yes you can hook an external drive, and no fee, esata, there is a thread around here someplace
the hr24 has a 500gb iirc

i beleive so, i just had that and an h24 installed to replace my vip622.

couldnt be happier

you cannot be assured of the hr24 and h24 from directv, the only to be certain you get them is to go through a local retailer.
also if you want ota you will need an am21 external unit, there is no ota tuner built into these units

Like said, no guarantee of equipment, you get what is on hand.
Currently most of what is coming out is 24 series in our shop, but we even are getting some HR20's and H20's yuck.
Good news is you won't see an H20 on a job that takes an HD/DVR and our shop is just using HR20's on upgrades.

The 24 series is nice but a couple things I don't like about it.
1 less set of AV ports
I wish they would have put lights on it to show the internal DECA status.
Using the ethernet port disables the internal DECA.
No optical audio out on H24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts