direct-tuning (entering) locals on 811?

jaythomas

Original poster
May 7, 2005
I have tried to direct-tune to OTA and local dish-provided channels on my 811 by directly entering the channel number (channel 6 or 10 for example) and it does not work -it just reverts to the info on the current channel. I can use the guide to scroll to the locals (entering channel 105 and scrolling down to desired local and selecting it) or use the "look ahead" (right arrow) and scroll to it, but even these two ways will not let me directly enter the local channels directly. am I doing something wrong?

Nope on the HD receivers you can not just enter 6 and go to the local channel provided by Dish. You have to select it from the guide or learn the alternate channel number that will be in the 87## numbers.

Dave nye said:
Nope on the HD receivers you can not just enter 6 and go to the local channel provided by Dish. You have to select it from the guide or learn the alternate channel number that will be in the 87## numbers.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you enter 006 or 011..it must be 3 digits long

Juan,

This is a High Def receiver. They do not display the local channels the same. If you had one you would know this. Local channel 6 will show in the guide as 6-00. You can't just type it in, unless you type in the corosponding number that will be in the 87## range.

Local digital channels you'd enter:

Dish local channel (assuming you set up the receiver to map the dish locals down to local numbers) would be

Dave nye said:
Juan,

This is a High Def receiver. They do not display the local channels the same. If you had one you would know this. Local channel 6 will show in the guide as 6-00. You can't just type it in, unless you type in the corosponding number that will be in the 87## range.
No David. Juan is correct. (As is BFG.)

Typing 006 will take you to the first channel 6 in your receiver. If your 811 is configured for Dish Locals in 02-99 range, it will take you to the Dish provided channel 6. If you have only OTA in that range, it will take you to the first channel 6 you have programmed. If you have analog OTA programmed in, it will be analog channel 6. If you have only digital OTA, it will be 6.1.

BFG explains how to go directly to a Dish, analog OTA, or digital OTA local channel, typing 00600 will take you to either analog OTA channel 6 or Dish channel 6, depending on your 2-99 setting. 00601 will take you to 6.1, 00602 to 6.2, etc.

Here is another wrinkle. IIRC with my 811, I only needed 4 digits. (3, if I wanted the analog or Dish local. Adding the fourth digit would just make the channel change quicker.) 006, 0061, 0062, etc. Can anyone with an 811 confirm the last paragraph, in case my memory is faulty?

Dave nye said:
Juan,

on my 811 I type in 3 digits for example channel 7..i type 007 it shows 00701...you can keeptyping if you want 00702 (second sub channel) and so forth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)