Direct TV and OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

robbob

Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY 13901
Hello all. Ok, I'll admit it, I'm very perplexed. I have been on the phone with Direct TV technical help for most of the day!
All I want to do is to receive the OTA signals through my HR20/70 receiver through the Off Air antenna port on the receiver so that my locals will appear in the Guide and I will have the ability to DVR them. However, I've tried 3 different mutidirectional antennas and receive no signals, even though when connected to my LCD antenna port I receive a multitude of channels, all with perfect reception!
Does anyone out there have any idea as to which antenna I should use in order to accomplish this task?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all. Ok, I'll admit it, I'm very perplexed. I have been on the phone with Direct TV technical help for most of the day!
All I want to do is to receive the OTA signals through my HR20/70 receiver through the Off Air antenna port on the receiver so that my locals will appear in the Guide and I will have the ability to DVR them. However, I've tried 3 different mutidirectional antennas and receive no signals, even though when connected to my LCD antenna port I receive a multitude of channels, all with perfect reception!
Does anyone out there have any idea as to which antenna I should use in order to accomplish this task?

If you are getting reception from your tv you should get them through the HR20-700. Can you describe the antenna you are using? Which port on the dvr are you using? How far are you from the transmitters? Are they from one direction or several? Are you getting any signal at all? Have you gone through the setup with the dvr to get your local channels in the guide?

Welcome fellow Binghamtonian.:) I assume that you have entered the zip code into the receiver when you go through antenna setup.
The antenna you have should work fine since i works with your LCD TV.

BTW, WIVT has just started broadcasting WBGH (NBC) on channel 34-2 in HD. Hopefull, This will get added to DirecTVs database.

You guy's have hit it on the head .....

OP,
Did you go thru the OTA set up guide in the menu's ?
You won't get anything till you have it in the system, it will ask for your zip code.

I just installed the AM21 on my HR23 so that it can also record OTA.
Now I'm waiting for Tribune Media to update their database to include WIVT-DT2

Once I determine that my antenna will work okay with our locals, I'll probably remove the network DNS from DirecTV. This will save me $14/month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)