direct TV at two homes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerry bentley

Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Jenkins, Ky
I recently bought a lake home and have direct tv there as well as my permament home. I have three receivers in Jenkins, Ky. I took one of my receivers from my "extra bedroom" which I pay $5.00 per month for to my lake home. I am getting direct tv there except I am not getting my locals. Jenkins, Ky is about 135 miles from cherokee lake where my second home is located. How can i get locals at my lake house? I have one large slimline dish at my lake house. At my home in jenkins, Ky I have two small dishes. also, is this "legal" to use the service at the lake and at home as well? thanks in advance for your help.

I recently bought a lake home and have direct tv there as well as my permament home. I have three receivers in Jenkins, Ky. I took one of my receivers from my "extra bedroom" which I pay $5.00 per month for to my lake home. I am getting direct tv there except I am not getting my locals. Jenkins, Ky is about 135 miles from cherokee lake where my second home is located. How can i get locals at my lake house? I have one large slimline dish at my lake house. At my home in jenkins, Ky I have two small dishes. also, is this "legal" to use the service at the lake and at home as well? thanks in advance for your help.

You have one of two potential issues here.
Your either too far from the spotbeam for your locals, but most spotbeams reach that far, but you could be at an edge OR and more likely scenario is that yu need a dish at the lake that picks up the 99 and 103 sats, which your current set up is not doing.

You dish at the lake needs to be a Slimline in order to get your locals would be my best bet.

Chances are the dishes at the lake pick up the 101, 110 and 119, while the other is pointed at the 72 sat, the old location for locals, that has been moved to the newer sats now.

You can use a slimline 3 or 5, they will both pick up the sats you need , the 99,101 and 103, while the sl5 will also pick up the 110 and 119, but there's nopt much on the last two sats mentioned.

He has a Slimline at the lake house. He has 2 small dishes at his home, 101 & 72? Most likely he is getting locals from 72 still?
Yes leaving a receiver at a second home violates your terms of service. Bring it to the lake house when you go.

checking your area you have the Tri-Cities (VA/TN) locals.

They are on 99W in MPEG4 and still on 72 in MPEG2. To view them on 99W you need a HD receiver there. If you are using a standard receiver or SD DVR you need a 2nd 18" dish at the lake house

Be noted that D* is removing those locals from 72 soon and they'll only be on 99W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)