Direct TV Cinema

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
I have a question about the DTV cinema. The new commercial says they have over 400 of the latest releases and FREE ACCESS to over 6000 movies. Is it just the ACCESS that is free or are there actually free movies you have access to through DTV cinema?

My new DTV install is not until the end of the month but now that i have my account number, I was able to access my account online and view the cinema guide. It looks to me like ALL movies are pay per view. They have the movie Airplane which was made in 1980 and DTV charges 3.99 for it, that is nuts. Am I missing something or are ALL these movies PPV?

Thanks.

There are free movies on VOD from HDNet, Starz, MGM, Sony, etc. Airplane is $3.99 as are many others because they are 1080p offerings.

S~

It's funny how loosely some companies throw out words like "free" and "soon".

I have a question about the DTV cinema. The new commercial says they have over 400 of the latest releases and FREE ACCESS to over 6000 movies. Is it just the ACCESS that is free or are there actually free movies you have access to through DTV cinema?

My new DTV install is not until the end of the month but now that i have my account number, I was able to access my account online and view the cinema guide. It looks to me like ALL movies are pay per view. They have the movie Airplane which was made in 1980 and DTV charges 3.99 for it, that is nuts. Am I missing something or are ALL these movies PPV?

Thanks.

Just asking, but if you go to Blockbuster, Red Box, etc and find "Airplane" is it FREE?

Just asking, but if you go to Blockbuster, Red Box, etc and find "Airplane" is it FREE?

No but you can find it free on about every movie channel that shows 31 year old movies. The question is do I really want to see Leslie Neilson in 1080p?

i am new to DTV and I have questions about this too
So DirecTV Cinema is not free
VOD is free
Is this a good summary? theres got to be exceptions right?
is there any free HD stuff "by request" (I'm trying to avoid using the phrase on demand)

i am new to DTV and I have questions about this too
So DirecTV Cinema is not free
VOD is free
Is this a good summary? theres got to be exceptions right?
is there any free HD stuff "by request" (I'm trying to avoid using the phrase on demand)

Directv cinema encompasses everything. There is free stuff and premium stuff. It's all on demand.

S~

Fast Forward with On Demand

I downloaded my first item from NBC On Demand and noticed that I could not fast forward. Is this the norm for all on demand items?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts