Direct tv dish and Dish network dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jkeno64

Original poster
May 28, 2009
olympia, wa
Hello i was a dish network user now i am a direct tv user. i have a an rv and i was using my dish network in the rv i. i have a dish network dish 500 pro i am wondering if i can use the dish network dish with a direct tv reciever?

If it has a dish pro LNB on it then no. If it is an old Legacy LNB (Indicated by only having Dish Network Logo, instead of the DP or DPPlus logo) Then you may be able to get some of your programming by realigning the dish to point at the 101 location instead of the 119 & 110 as it got with Dish Network. You may still be missing your local channels in that situation though. Best bet is to get your hands on an additional Phase III dish and use it instead of the Dish Network Dish. You should be able to get one relatively cheap.

18x20 dish aka tripple sat, its oval, and has thre lnbs on the end with a built in 4 port multiswitch. Relatively common, depends on your market where you locals come from. If they come off the 101, then the dish500 will work fine, just set the tilt completely vertical (this only works if you have the old legacy lnb as was stated above, its small and has only 1 white round tip) then aim it at 101. If your locals come from there then your set, and you have everything, if your locals come off 119 then youll need another trip sat, or phase 3 dish. Best way to tell, whats the current dish on your house look like? (or is it hd)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)