Direct tv Dvr Plus

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sweetbronxyankee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
I just got off the phone with a direct tv customer service guy and asked him if the dvr plus unit is a dual tuner unit he said no. Did he make a mistake? I have seen a diagram of the back of this unit and it looks like a dual tuner. so can the dvr plus be hooked up to two tv's?:confused:

I just got off the phone with a direct tv customer service guy and asked him if the dvr plus unit is a dual tuner unit he said no. Did he make a mistake? I have seen a diagram of the back of this unit and it looks like a dual tuner. so can the dvr plus be hooked up to two tv's?:confused:

It is a dual tuner, in fact it has two D* tuners and two ota tuners, BUT, it only outputs one signal at a time. You can connect more than one television to it, but they will all show the same thing.

It is a dual tuner, in fact it has two D* tuners and two ota tuners, BUT, it only outputs one signal at a time. You can connect more than one television to it, but they will all show the same thing.
That's true for the HR20 HD DVR, the R15 doesn't have over the air tuners, just two DBS tuners.

Also a note on the HR20, while it has four tuners you can use only two of them at a time, not three like the E* 622.

That's true for the HR20 HD DVR, the R15 doesn't have over the air tuners, just two DBS tuners.

Also a note on the HR20, while it has four tuners you can use only two of them at a time, not three like the E* 622.

Yup, unfortunatly but true !

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)