DIRECT TV EDMONTON

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Chip

thanks for the map.
OK so i know we get SD here i know ppl who have it, just think HD is the tough one.
So what is the red line for?

Specifically, I don't know. Generally, it's a lower signal level. The pink line is where reliable reception ends with a Slimline. I'm not saying it's impossible, but highly unlikely you can get reliable hd in Edmonton. Do you see any other Slimline or Hawaii/Alaska dishes there?

Last edited:
Would i pick up HD with this dish?
sorry im new to all this may be a dumb question?

Yes, the Alaska/Hawaii dish will get HD, but as previous posters have mentioned, you may or may not get a "good" signal with it, being as far North of the border you are.

I'm on the southern U.S. Border, I know of ppl "down south" who have used this dish/lnb with success in low signal areas below the "line". The Alaska/Hawaii LNB has also been used for "custom" dish setups bigger than 1.2m.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Dbnboy
Ok, I'll try to summarize for all, LOL

Thanks for the map, first time I had seen this. Edmonton is inside the red area so therefore is in need of the 1.2m AK/HI dish. Yes, you will get all the HD with this but signal reports on 99 and 103 are in the sixties and seventies, not high 80's. Not sure how easy it is to tweak that huge dish.

I use the Slimline so get partial HD. Signal in the 30's on KA gives you the picture. Signals in mid 20's give you pixilation on the HD channels.It depends on weather and exactly how far north you come.

Calgary (51N latitude) gets all HD with the Slimline I am told.

I live with the Slimline because of the price and potential shipping to get that big dish and parts. Short of bringing one back from Hawaii, I am hoping someone from Alaska has room on their truck if they plan on visiting the lower 48 and is driving back through Alberta.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)