Direct TV from Costco

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonic2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
North Carolina
Has anyone signed up through Costco for there service. They seem to talk a good line and I really like the offer of the $180.00 Costco Card.

I did on Saturday(7/31) and got what I think to be a great deal: 2 HD DVR's (the first one free, the second was only $70.98 (as opposed to $99 on D* website!), and 1 standard HD receiver for $84.99 (again cheaper than the D* website), $180 Costco Cash back, and the best part: Choice Ultimate with FREE hd for life (as long as I signed up for auto bill pay)! It even showed up on my confirmation email from Directv later than day. Ordering through the D* website you have to subscribe to Premier to get free hd for life. Total cost for equipment: $198.16 (incl. tax and the $25 internet conx fee), monthly charge for the first 12 mos. :$59.99. Monthly charge for the last 12 months: $88.99. Installation is setup for Wed. night, we'll see how it goes. I'll post an update once they leave...

I did on Saturday(7/31) and got what I think to be a great deal: 2 HD DVR's (the first one free, the second was only $70.98 (as opposed to $99 on D* website!), and 1 standard HD receiver for $84.99 (again cheaper than the D* website), $180 Costco Cash back, and the best part: Choice Ultimate with FREE hd for life (as long as I signed up for auto bill pay)! It even showed up on my confirmation email from Directv later than day. Ordering through the D* website you have to subscribe to Premier to get free hd for life. Total cost for equipment: $198.16 (incl. tax and the $25 internet conx fee), monthly charge for the first 12 mos. :$59.99. Monthly charge for the last 12 months: $88.99. Installation is setup for Wed. night, we'll see how it goes. I'll post an update once they leave...

D* DVR's are $ 199 and HD recvrs are $ 99 normally on the website.

D* DVR's are $ 199 and HD recvrs are $ 99 normally on the website.

That's true, although the D* website gives you $100 off the 2nd HD DVR. I just loaded up a "mirrored" cart of what I ordered on Saturday and the price (pre-tax) was $223. I would be paying about another $14 in taxes, so my "out-the-door" price on the D* website is about $237. So I saved about $40. The better thing, I think, is the free HD for life. I just checked the D* website again and it is only available with Premier, whereas I was able to get it by just going with Ultimate. I originally wanted Choice Plus, but was told by the salesperson at Costco I needed at least Ultimate for the free hd. Like I said in my earlier post, though, we'll see how it goes with the install and activation tomorrow night.....

BigMike75 -

Did you sign up at a store or online? Or over the phone?

I signed up yesterday online, via the costco website. It sent me over to the directv site, with a costco banner on top, to complete my order. Prices are the same as just going through Directv normally, as far as I can tell. And I got no indication that my purchase was registered for the costco cash card deal.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I feel I may need to cancel and reorder but I don't know.

Thanks!

I did it in store as I have read (and can confirm) that you get better deals that way. The installer is here as I type this putting up the dish. I am only slightly bummed in that I got the HR22-100 HD dvr's, though, but I guess that's not that big of a deal.

I ordered online through Costco on Monday, then I saw bigmike's post today, so I went to the local Costco and asked them and they confirmed Free HD for life on Choice Ultimate and cheaper receiver costs. So I called D* and cancelled my order (they offered to redo the order and give me free hd for life, but couldn't match the receiver prices), then ordered through the Costco store. They gave me the same deal as online plus free hd for life, plus 3 months of Starz and Showtime. They couldn't take my referral, but I called D* after and they added it to my account.

I was sick after missing out on last month's deals, but now feel a lot better. Thanks for the info.

I ordered online through Costco on Monday, then I saw bigmike's post today, so I went to the local Costco and asked them and they confirmed Free HD for life on Choice Ultimate and cheaper receiver costs. So I called D* and cancelled my order (they offered to redo the order and give me free hd for life, but couldn't match the receiver prices), then ordered through the Costco store. They gave me the same deal as online plus free hd for life, plus 3 months of Starz and Showtime. They couldn't take my referral, but I called D* after and they added it to my account.

I was sick after missing out on last month's deals, but now feel a lot better. Thanks for the info.

I am still working on my referral credit as the costco salesman had issues applying that to my order. Everything else went great with the install. Directv is working on my referral credits and I should have that straightened out by tomorrow, I hope......

I'm guessing the reason Costco is running this deal is to get rid of the older receivers. Just a guess.
I'd hate to go through the Costco site, and end up with an older unit. Sometimes the simplest upgrades are the best. I'd guess that the newer units are quieter. I know the Dish network unit can be quite loud (hard drives).

I'm guessing the reason Costco is running this deal is to get rid of the older receivers. Just a guess.
I'd hate to go through the Costco site, and end up with an older unit. Sometimes the simplest upgrades are the best. I'd guess that the newer units are quieter. I know the Dish network unit can be quite loud (hard drives).

Nope, I got 2 HR24-500's and an H24.

Status
Please reply by conversation.