Internet connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PACKERFAN58

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
illinois
I would like to add internet connection to both my HD-DVR and HD receiver so that I can receive Apps and other Direct TV programs.

I currently have a Wireless LinkSys router that is connected to a PC and Laptop.

I am looking at ethernet powerline adapters so that I don't have to run wire.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks

Ron

I would like to add internet connection to both my HD-DVR and HD receiver so that I can receive Apps and other Direct TV programs.

I currently have a Wireless LinkSys router that is connected to a PC and Laptop.

I am looking at ethernet powerline adapters so that I don't have to run wire.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks

Ron

Besides the HD-DVRs and HD receiver, what is your setup?

If you have the WHD (Whole Home DVR), there's an Internet Connection Kit that Directv can install for $25 and you won't need the wireless or powerline adapters.

I don't think I have WHD. I have installed HR 20-100S HD DVR, H24=100 HD receiver, 1 slimline dish wih a swm 2wy and 3LNB. I can run ethernet line if I have to.

WHDVR + ICK would be best, as it would also allow you to share recordings with your H24. Ethernet cable from the receivers to your router would be the next choice followed by powerline adapters, then wireless adapters.

I had wireless. Could not do what you want to do. (I wanted to also)

I switched to power-line adapters and now doing all of it. I should have done it that way the first time. Best of success to you.

Go Pack Go!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)