Direct tv help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Todd45662

Original poster
May 21, 2017
Portsmouth ohio
Ok I love camping so I bought 2 receivers rca drd435rh they are a little old. And the dish is channel master 3041124 50 e model number.

I called and they activated the receiver and the card that was in it and that showed on my account.

I have checked and rechecked the coordience elevation and etc and had it set perfect but no matter what I do I can't get a signal. What sat am I suppose to use and what transponder?

When I call them for help they keep wanting to send me to whynnguard or something like that. Can anyone help. 2 lmbs on the dish. I think that is what they are called.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Todd45662!
Those are VERY old receivers, probably around 15 years old. I'm surprised that Directv would activate equipment that old. Do you already have an account with a different dish? If so, can you connect them to the dish you are already using to be sure they are activated? I'm not familiar with that dish, it too is very old. Can you post a picture of it? If it's the dish I think it is, you need to point it to the satellite at 110°. The elevation setting is 37°, the azimuth is 226°, and the tilt is 60.5°. Are those the settings you are using? Is the mast plumb?

Review on Amazon says that receiver might not work outside of the zip code the card was programed for. I'm not sure how that is possible though. Maybe put your home zip code in the box instead of your actual camping location.

Oh and the device is called a LNB for Low Noise Block and if it has a feed horn built in its called a Low Noise block feed horn, or LNBf.

Make sure you are not using any cable TV type splitters, they are usually 0-950 Mhz or there abouts and may not pass all of the required signal.

Just when did they activate these recvrs ?
The would have NEVER activated these recvrs in this day and age, I doubt that they even get a signal anymore, the guide will probably be half of what it is suppose to be ... This was a recvr that I used back in the 90's, more than likely 1st generation ... why would you buy these ?

You HAVE to have an existing account, they won't activate anything like that as a initial recvr.
They should have looked at your account and offered you a H/HR24 or something like that.

IF your insisting on using them, do like Chip mentioned and hook it up to your existing service ... unless your using a SWM set up ... as I don't believe theres any way they would work with a SWM set up.

SD, under powered processor, mpeg2, when mpeg is clearly going away ... I just can't imagine them doing that.

All receivers on the account are tied to the customer's service address, so there's nothing the OP can do to change that. This is an elliptical dish so as chip saye needs to be aligned on the 110 satellite not the 101 which is correct for most dishes.
You are correct, these receivers are REALLY old. I hope they were free. And there's no guarantee they still work.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Todd45662!
Those are VERY old receivers, probably around 15 years old. I'm surprised that Directv would activate equipment that old. Do you already have an account with a different dish? If so, can you connect them to the dish you are already using to be sure they are activated? I'm not familiar with that dish, it too is very old. Can you post a picture of it? If it's the dish I think it is, you need to point it to the satellite at 110°. The elevation setting is 37°, the azimuth is 226°, and the tilt is 60.5°. Are those the settings you are using? Is the mast plumb?
Mast isn't plumb because the stand I have is not the greatest and I don't have a tripod just something homemade.

Mast isn't plumb because the stand I have is not the greatest and I don't have a tripod just something homemade.
If the mast isn't plumb the coordinates are meaningless. You will be fighting blind. A plumb mast is a must!

Status
Please reply by conversation.