Direct TV Hounding At Best Buy

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I used to buy my lot of stuff from BB before but Now I buy from AMAZON.com. Lot cheaper then BB plus No tax and free delivery. My samsung TV was $600 cheaper on amazon then BB.

I bought my wall bracket at Costco for about $70. I think it took me about an hour to hang it after I selected the exact location. I could probably do it now in about a half hour or slight more. If you are doing the job, don't even think about buying 6' HDMI cabling unless all your input devices are right under the wall mount.

If you'll pardon the expression, "Extra length matters!". Twelve footers are my minimum length as those "bends" eat up cable. While it's not a pure way to go, I don't see any difference tying two HDMI 6 footers together with a female joiner in between. You can get these little suckers on line for about $3 for two or you can go to Radio Shack and pay $12 for one.

I used to buy my lot of stuff from BB before but Now I buy from AMAZON.com. Lot cheaper then BB plus No tax and free delivery. My samsung TV was $600 cheaper on amazon then BB.

Thats fine if you don't NEED it right away, like the same day .

Thats fine if you don't NEED it right away, like the same day .

If you buy a TV from BB and they deliver it you won't get it same day anyways.
When they deleiver they unpack, set-up, connect everything up and haul away the old TV for free.

I pretty much buy all DVDs, CDs, video games, software, etc.. from amazon.com now. It can be hit or miss on DVDs and CDs at BB unless it's a recent release.

If you buy a TV from BB and they deliver it you won't get it same day anyways.
When they deleiver they unpack, set-up, connect everything up and haul away the old TV for free.
Everything I buy from them I pick up myself at purchase, bring it home myself, and set it up myself.

Everything I buy from them I pick up myself at purchase, bring it home myself, and set it up myself.

Same here.

Thats only if I buy anything worthwhile from them.
I end up doing a lot of looking and very little buying.

Hardly ever buy anything of large value there.

Same here.

Thats only if I buy anything worthwhile from them.
I end up doing a lot of looking and very little buying.

Hardly ever buy anything of large value there.
I usually get them to deal. Sometimes they wont even if I show them a lower price somewhere else, because it is not "advertised" lower. I bought my TV from Fry's because they would not deal, and Fry's did. I bought my Magellan from Costco because BB would not match the lower price of Costco. I bought my PS3 from BB because it was the same exact price everywhere and BB gave me a PS3 remote for free because they sent me to another store that had it in stock.

You would let BB's guys set up your TV ?

It was part of the free delivery, hook-up, and haul away the old TV deal.
It's not that hard to hook up a DIRECTV box, a DVD player and a video game to a TV. It's not like they're gonna connect the output of the DVR to the output of the video game.

I didn't want to sound like some crabby old man yelling - Don't touch anything ! I can do it !! You'll probably just screw it all up !! :)

But they do have Fox Sports Cinci for the Reds games. Its on channel 661.

goreds
You get FSN Cincy with D* in CIncy :)

The 45202 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or OPTIMO MAS or above):

FSN Ohio (Ch. 660) - HD Available
# Cleveland Cavaliers (HD Available)
# Columbus Blue Jackets (HD Available)

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 661) - HD Available
# Columbus Blue Jackets (HD Available)
# Reds (HD Available)

Yes, D* does have the Reds on channel 661. However, if you want to see them in HD, GOOD LUCK! They only broadcast a few of the games in HD and the rest are in SD. Channel 661 is SD and 661-1 is HD. 661-1 is a very "part-time" network as in broadcasting less than an hour a week (my estimate.) Saying that FSC is available in HD is a bit of a stretch.

D* has been saying they were going to make 661-1 a full-time channel for a few years, but they lie.

Yes, D* does have the Reds on channel 661. However, if you want to see them in HD, GOOD LUCK! They only broadcast a few of the games in HD and the rest are in SD. Channel 661 is SD and 661-1 is HD. 661-1 is a very "part-time" network as in broadcasting less than an hour a week (my estimate.) Saying that FSC is available in HD is a bit of a stretch.

D* has been saying they were going to make 661-1 a full-time channel for a few years, but they lie.

I wish they would hurry up and put up the full time channel before the season starts.

I wish they would hurry up and put up the full time channel before the season starts.

They Lie ?

It is listed as Part Time, so it's NOT a lie.
Chances are they will go HD full time soon anyways, just takes some time.

663 (Tigers) was a part time HD last year and is now fulltime.

Once 661 becomes full time you probably won't see the -1 part anymore.

They Lie ?

It is listed as Part Time, so it's NOT a lie.
Chances are they will go HD full time soon anyways, just takes some time.

663 (Tigers) was a part time HD last year and is now fulltime.

Once 661 becomes full time you probably won't see the -1 part anymore.

Yep, they lie. They said it would be full-time "real soon now" about 2 years ago. Not really worried about it here as when ATT finally quits dragging their behinds (finished work here about a month or 2 ago), am going to dump D* and go to U-verse anyhow. They already have FSC in HD like the local cable company does. :D Problem solved.

Yep, they lie. They said it would be full-time "real soon now" about 2 years ago. Not really worried about it here as when ATT finally quits dragging their behinds (finished work here about a month or 2 ago), am going to dump D* and go to U-verse anyhow. They already have FSC in HD like the local cable company does. :D Problem solved.

Your funny ......

What work did AT&T finish around your house ?
You think because they finished up working around your house that they will be up and running any time soon ?
There's a WHOLE lot more that goes into it than the box by your home to get them up and running.

I think as far as the FSN, goes you might want to check with the FSN themselves to see what they're status is.

IS it a FULL TIME HD channel ?

They may be a Full time GAME station, but are they a Full time HD station entirely ?

You hardly ever see a station that shows HD all the time.
Not even ESPN HD is always showing HD, how can you expect a sub channel (FSN branch) to be Fully HD.
Mopst channels that are Full HD are not showing HD all the time.
Thats the problem, many stations say they are HD, but show SD shows as well.

We are all waiting for the day when EVERYTHING is HD ..... it's gonna be awhile.

BTW, what does ANY of this have to do with the OP's thread about Best Buy ?

Nothing, but my Uverse hub has been a block away since last June with promised activation "sometime" last summer & I'm still waiting. I suppose I could go to Best Buy today to keep this thread on topic.

The AT&T hub in my area went in over two years ago and they still aren't available on my street!

Your funny ......

You think because they finished up working around your house that they will be up and running any time soon ?
There's a WHOLE lot more that goes into it than the box by your home to get them up and running.

I think as far as the FSN, goes you might want to check with the FSN themselves to see what they're status is.

IS it a FULL TIME HD channel ?

They may be a Full time GAME station, but are they a Full time HD station entirely ?

You hardly ever see a station that shows HD all the time.
Not even ESPN HD is always showing HD, how can you expect a sub channel (FSN branch) to be Fully HD.
Mopst channels that are Full HD are not showing HD all the time.
Thats the problem, many stations say they are HD, but show SD shows as well.

We are all waiting for the day when EVERYTHING is HD ..... it's gonna be awhile.

You're also funny ......

YNot really worried about it here as when ATT finally quits dragging their behinds (finished work here about a month or 2 ago), am going to dump D* and go to U-verse anyhow.

Your funny ......

Why not? They had U-verse in homes in my neighborhood a couple of months after they finished putting in the big box on the street.

I finally decided to order it myself. I'll cancel the TV and and probably the voice as well, once I get my $400 gift card. (I'm happy with Dish, and am trying Vonage with its free International LD.) But, I couldn't pass up the free install and $400 rebate vs having to pay $150 for the install with no rebate for Internet-only.

As for Best Buy, my previous post says it all. IOW, I wouldn't shop there with your money.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)