Direct TV On Demand - Nothing free???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffincolo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
What is the deal with Direct TV On Demand? 3.99 for Karate kid? I thought there were supposed to be thousands of free movies but the only ones I see are from the channels I already have and could more easily record them than download from the internet. Everything else costs $$$. I was expecting something more like what Comcast has with tons of free movies and content outside of the programming guide offered on demand.

Jeff

Movies and programming that I don't already get on the channels I pay for. Are you getting something free besides that?

On your DVR, go into the guide and type in channel 1000 and scroll from there. You'll see plenty.. :) What you're seeing now is just the PPV.

there are options to sort out the paid for content . in total if you really look 80 percent of ondemand is free . If your doing it via intnernet you have the full catalog if via satellite then you have a much more limited ondmeand catalog.

there are options to sort out the paid for content . in total if you really look 80 percent of ondemand is free . If your doing it via intnernet you have the full catalog if via satellite then you have a much more limited ondmeand catalog.

How do you sort out the paid-for content? I'd like to see just the free stuff but I'd say 90% of the items in my on demand stuff has a "$" next to it. I'm connected to the Internet. Thanks.

the only things I see that have a $ next to them are the new movies and the adult ones

most everything else is free

I love seeing some of the older music videos on VH1 classic (1337). Some stuff I havent heard in a while...noticed on AMC they had a bunch of 3 stooges stuff...woo hoo!

To see if a channel has VOID just add a 1 in front of the channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)