Direct TV or Dish Network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I currently live on an appartment complex and i am only allowed to use 1 dish.

yup :/ not sure does anyone know if DTV offers 1 dish instead of 2 for international?
And if i were to order DishNetwork where should i order from to get HDTV best deals+ the satellite receiver package.

Superdish and Dish 1000+

I think if you get Dish 1000+ you will pick up sat 121, which I thought they moved some international channels there. Otherwise most of the internationals was on separate dish poiting to sat 67 or so...

wrong
Dish 1000= Picks up 110, 118.7, 119 and 129

You need a 121 superdish to get 121. Most internationals are now being moved over to 118.7 now.

Directv has started making their own equipment and they aren't very good at it. We have a 2 yr contract and new equipment that doesn't work which they will do nothing about. I've been there 9 yrs and will be spending about $300+ to cancel. We don't have cable in our rural area, but most everyone I know has dish these days. I guess I was just holding out for a good screw.
The customer service is really bad now, they used to be great, but now they treat you bad and hang up on a lot of people besides me. They would rather have you cancel and pay a fee (&repo all your equipment that you bought) than to help you with a little problem.

Earlier was posted some deciding factors.

If it's HD channels you want, go Dish. If its NFL ST go D* Both will cost you about the same. The DVR for HD Dish works very well and is soon to get some new features. I have both D* and E* but after what I learned about D* this week I will be cancelling it when I get back home. Don't see the point in spending anymore money just to use a TIVO. D*'s HD quality seems to improve onjce NFL ST is off but never as good as the Dish HD channels. I do believe many of the lower rated SD channels on E* appear to be worse quality than the D* equivalent. I watch HD almost exclusively so PQ on E*SD channels doesn't mean much to me.

...I have both D* and E* but after what I learned about D* this week I will be cancelling it when I get back home. ...

What is it you are referring to? The only DirecTV news I have heard in the last week is that they are committed to adding 70 national HDTV channels this year, and that they might get bought out.

Heck, the D* news from just yesterday, and backed up today by the way, with NBC announcing HD plans on another thread can only mean very positive news for D*. I will ask again, what news are you talking about. The answer by the way to the original posters question.
Want NFL Sunday Ticket....D*
Want more HD Today.........E*
Looking forward to the end of 2007, from what I can see, D*, unless E* has something up their sleeve to counteract D*s plans

D*'s HD quality seems to improve onjce NFL ST is off but never as good as the Dish HD channels. I do believe many of the lower rated SD channels on E* appear to be worse quality than the D* equivalent. I watch HD almost exclusively so PQ on E*SD channels doesn't mean much to me.

I have always found the quality of HD on D* to be quite good.

I feel like maybe I am missing something when so many talk about D* going HDLite because to me...it looks great....10x better then what I had before I bought my HDTV 2 months ago.

D* is not going to spend millions on building new sats and NOT get them up and running.
They are actually pretty accurate with thier timing for the most part.
They said when this all started that in 2007 they would have the capability to have 150 national and 1500 locals in HD.
Once these two sats are up and operational, we will see the difference.

Jimbo

I can wait, but just wonder how much the HD fee will increase once we get all those channels in HD:( :rolleyes:

Oh, and this might sound stupid, but, I know D* is DTV, so what is the E* that some posters are referring to?

Last edited:
Hauser, if they get all the new channels/sats up when they say they will....I think the price hike will be quite steep.

Maybe I am wrong though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)