Direct tv or Dish PL Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1MeanGti

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Direct tv or Dish Network please Help

I am looking at getting ether Direct HD or Dish HD but I would like some feed back good or bad on ho and why I should pick one over the other. :confused:

Thing like programming and PQ are way up there on my chart.

By the way I am new to the forum so any help is great. :D

Thank You,
MeanGTI

Ok one of the thing I am looking at is the picture quality the same on both.

I think you'll hear that E* HD picture quality is better then D*, but then some will say D* SD picture quality is better then E*. Others can't tell a difference one way or another. Why not go to a CC or BB and look at D* then truck over to Sears and look at E* and see for yourself.

In your questions you don't say anything about the hardware. You might want to check out this site and www.dbstalk.com and see what folks say about the vairous hardware boxes out there. Some don't like the reliability of the E* hardware while others don't like the speed of the channel guides on the D* Tivo boxes. Just saying do the research yourself and just use the opinions posted as a guide to help you along, not as your sole source of info.

I would think about getting D* over E* if it were me. I like E* a lot, however, they do not have any clear future for HD services currently. At least D* has a plan - and that plan is MPEG4. The only problem with D* currently is that the receivers will have to be upgraded (read as "replaced") with the launch of MPEG4. So you'll be spending quite a bit of money on a receiver that will be mostly useless in the near future.

The good news is that D* said that they would compensate customers for the equipment upgrade costs. As things look currently, if you want to be on the MPEG4 revolution, go to D*. E* still sticks their head in the ground like an ostrich when someone mentions HD. Not good =/

E* has also said that they're going to move to MPEG4 for HD at some future date.

rad said:
E* has also said that they're going to move to MPEG4 for HD at some future date.

The key words there being at some future date.

Dish Network is notorious for making grandiose promises and then either not coming through at all, or being exceedingly late.

DirecTV will have MPEG4 up and running for some programming by the end of the year. Period.

Hogarth said:
The key words there being at some future date.

Dish Network is notorious for making grandiose promises and then either not coming through at all, or being exceedingly late.

I agree, just didn't want mention it and be yelled at for bashing E* and Charlie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts