direct tv receiver - which one??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tandreu

Original poster
Oct 23, 2004
I currently am a d*tv subscriber. I'm looking into moving up to HD. I already have the triple LNB dish. I just need the HD receiver. Are there different ones out there?? Which one is recommended?? Is there a current model out that I should look for. I spoke with D*tv and they said they do not know which one the installer brings. I've seen a samsung and an RCA. any others??

Those 2 (RCA DCT210 and Samsung TS 360) are crap and I know from experience. However, you don't have all that much choice unless you want to pay a higher price and try and find a Sony LG, or a Hughes HTL HD. I once had a Hughes HTL and the darn thing failed before 30 days with freezeups and Directv replaced mine with the Samsung.

Lem52

Sounds like lem had a bad experience, currently the Samsung and RCA seem to be the only receivers in distributers inventory. Either will do the job, the Samsung TS-160 didn't like heat so it was best left outside of cabinets I would look at the 360 the same way.

My 360 don't have a heat problem I am sure. Its on a shelf by itself and it is barely warm on top. The picture on the 360 looked better than the RCA as the RCA was alot darker and also the one they shipped me would not work on Component but it did on DVI. All I could get with component was images that were completly blue. That could sound like a cable problem but I have the Monster and then another brand and it was like that when I switched to each one.

Lem52

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)