Direct TV Satellite Dish Installer's Guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Being in the business as many years as I have been this is the first time seeing this type of mount.

Granted we don't have tile roofs here so that may be one of the reasons.

Retailers don't really care when it comes to stocking an item if they can make money, but the issue is this thing costs almost $70.

When your making $200 on a sale, $70 is something you just can't afford to give to the customer for free.

A retailer may choose not to carry this as it falls under the same policy as HDMI cables. I used to stock 6, 10, 15 and 25 foot cables.

I kept on buying the 25 foot cables but would never see them being sold on invoices.

Installers try selling them to the customer, customer would complain about the cost and we would give the extra long cables away for free.

Took away the longer cables from my installers, now everyone uses the 3 foot cords.

Just saved me a few hundred dollars per month.

The Direct TV installer came out today. They are now using a very short stubby mast that only extends out 8" from the mount. This avoids the use of monopoles because of the small amount of leverage the mast can exert on the mount. He ended up using my pictured 1 1/2" pole. I tried the sheet metal shim and it kept turning inside the clamp base of the dish. (I had a clamp base to experiment on before he came over.) I ended up using built up duct tape-about 3 turns straight on top of each other. Used two widths of it to make it about 4" inches long. I figure it only has to last a couple of years until my contract expires. Also its buried in the wrap of the satellite base. Thanks to all for the enlightening comments.

I'm very surprised he let you use duct tape on the mast. I'm glad you are up and running!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts