Direct TV Signal in Europe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sull42

Original poster
May 3, 2005
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the signal in the most western portions of Europe? Direct TV said that if I were able to get a clear shot at the 101 sat that it may be possible. Any suggestions welcome.

sull42 said:
Any suggestions welcome.

If you come to find a solution, I am interested as well.
But I believe dodge is right, the satellites are not visible from Europe...

Well, if you can find somebody to relay it for you...;) but you're going to need some nice buffering even in case of some dedicated OC-class line: say they have ~10 HD channels, that's even with DirecTV's HD-Lite :D resolution will take ~8-10Mbit per channel, so you'll need AT LEAST an OC-3 connection unless you'll utilize some magical recompression-decompression on top of MPEG2 - which is already a very-very effective compression (intraframe compression with motion estimation algorithm), so it's highly unlikely you can do anything else than uncompress it and recompress it with MPEG4 but than you'll lose a lot of quality (most likely you'd end up with unwatchable crap).

Directv

Correct me if I am wrong, but rebeaming to another satellite, or HAM radio RELAYS might be the more effective solution, but might violate some ham radio rules / regs for the tech classes.

directv in europe

nope
no tv on ham bands not allowed, anyways would probably not work, digital video on an analog hf signal i dont think so!!!

Europe has Satellite tv
Europe also has micowave ( kinda like dish, butr line of sight) some stuff in europe is free Ie local channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)