Direct TV Slimline Dish for FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
I've got a Direct TV Slimline Dish that I've been saving out in the garage. It's in good condition so I was wondering if I could use it for FTA. Does someone make a linear FLNB that will fit the Slimline Dish. It would be nice if I could set it up to get COZI. Or, maybe fixed on one of the sats further east of 61w where my HH motor hits its range limit.

Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated!

Regards,

Bill - KJ6EO (24.950Mhz)

It would be too small for cozi. I did use one for awhile though with a SL1PLL I had to use a universal bracket and modify it to find the "sweet" spot but it worked for most of the stuff up there. Even got it to pick up 30W I was surprised it did that.

The fine adjustment rigs on a Slimline fascinate me. If only larger FTA dishes were built with these!

yep, the slimline was kind of the genesis for some of the 1.2m fortec mods I did, especially to find a better way to fine tune the fortec star dish when the normal installation steps are so course and rough.

even used some slimline specialized bolts/nuts in my initial fortec star mods until I changed the design, expecially to allow me to put those nuts/bolts back on the slimline to get back to Ka-band satellite transmission monitoring. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)