Direct TV spamming cell phones

Status
Please reply by conversation.

68bronco

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Why is Direct TV spam calling my droid phone? They call 3-5 times a day and voice message me to call them regarding my bill. I do not now and have never had Direct TV service. They are being a real PITA!

lol ranmic.

Yeah, i heard this happens a lot with Verizon, is this a new number? you most likely got someones old number and they were probably not paying their bills. This happened to my sister and mother when they got new numbers with verizon, not from direct tv but from other bill collectors.

This is a new number and I have answered it only to find a automated message. Verizon probably sells its cell numbers, but it is still weird that direct TV continually calls a non-customer about a non-existent bill. It is a good way to turn off any potential customers.

I'm sure they are just got your phone number tied to a deliquent account by accident.

They don't just call a non-customer about a non-existent bill 3-5 times a day just for the fun of it.

I hope they don't spam me. I have a prepaid GO phone that charges me 25 cents for each minute. Voice mail too! Text message too!

Works for me because I only use it about 20 minutes a month.

This is a new number and I have answered it only to find a automated message. Verizon probably sells its cell numbers, but it is still weird that direct TV continually calls a non-customer about a non-existent bill. It is a good way to turn off any potential customers.
Does the message leave a number for you to call? If so you should call it back and explain the situation. That should get them to stop calling you.

I got the same problem, I got an Iphone several months ago with a new phone number because I was keeping my old verizon phone and all I get is collection calls for the person who had the number before me.

I get calls from the Gas company, light company, Comcast, Directv Etc. Then you tell them your not the person they are looking for and the bill collectors don't believe you!

Only reason why I keep the number is because the last 4 digits of my phone number spell "DISH"

I got the same problem, I got an Iphone several months ago with a new phone number because I was keeping my old verizon phone and all I get is collection calls for the person who had the number before me.

I get calls from the Gas company, light company, Comcast, Directv Etc. Then you tell them your not the person they are looking for and the bill collectors don't believe you!

Only reason why I keep the number is because the last 4 digits of my phone number spell "DISH"

Maybe they're trying to collect from Dish....:neener

verizon is very good at using old numbers that has been de-activiated for 2 months or so.

I got out of my verizon back in 2007 and i acidently re-dialed my old number when i was checking voice mail.. some girl answered the phone.

i was like oops sorry, wrong number.

and it wasnt even 2 months since i disconnected!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)