Direct tv swm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tanner123

Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
I have a direct TV swm with h24 receiver. The receiver, power inserter and 2-way splinter are 500' away from the dish. Is there an in line amplifier that can be used as I do not get a signal from the dish.

Thanks

Hi . I'm going to move this to the directv forum so you can get help there.Welcome to the site!

Tanner123 said:
I have a direct TV swm with h24 receiver. The receiver, power inserter and 2-way splinter are 500' away from the dish. Is there an in line amplifier that can be used as I do not get a signal from the dish.

Thanks

Is there any reason why its that far!? If not, MOVE IT! If you can't move it you can try getting a 29 volt power supply. I've seen them used in problems like these. The LNB is normally the first to go though. You can also ditch the switch. You're loosing half a volt and 2 Db's right there. You can also try getting a regular LNB3 or 5. 500ft is pushing it with that but it's more likely to work

Thanks

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

As others have said, moving the dish closer would be a big help if you can, as would removing the splitter. Another possibility is to replace the cable with RG11, a heavier gauge cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)