Direct TV & Tivo or DVR/DVD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jaybird28

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Seattle
I'm close to choosing Direct TV over Comcast or Dish here in Seattle because I want a 2nd Dish for my RV World and more HD at home. However, something I need to solve before I completely dive in is---I know you get a DVR with Direct but my wife loves the fact that she can put her recordings on a DVD from Tivo and head to her room or in the RV to watch all the stupid Marathons shows on disk. My question-- Can I use Tivo with Direct or does Direct have a DVR/DVD recording unit? Sorry if I ask basic questions but help the Rookie!!!

The Tivo will NOT pick up the new HD channels. The HR-20 which is D*s flagship receiver is a solid DVR. A lot of threads and arguments as to which is better. My only comment is that they are different with each having good qualities.

But neither (D* TIVO or HR20) will let you pull shows to your PC via USB and then record to DVD. You can, however, just plug one of the analog outputs on the HR20 into a DVD recorder and do it that way.

Or buy a used ReplayTV for a lot less $$ than a DVD recorder. Can still D/L the program files to PC for editing/burning that are vastly more compatible and reliable DVDs. (aka a better end product)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts