Direct TV Versus Streaming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Arg3259

Original poster
May 8, 2015
Smiths Grove
Former Mas Ultra (Direct TV Spanish) customer. Now streaming Fubo TV, Vemos, and Sling Mexico to get the Spanish language television I want. Is it worth going back to Direct TV Mas Ultra as a way to have one point or method for accessing television? How does Direct TV and Fubo TV's picture quality compare? Will soccer games look better with Direct TV?

Two posts in four years? Slow down there speedy! :)
The question of accessibility is one only you can answer. I don't know about the picture quality.

Former Mas Ultra (Direct TV Spanish) customer. Now streaming Fubo TV, Vemos, and Sling Mexico to get the Spanish language television I want. Is it worth going back to Direct TV Mas Ultra as a way to have one point or method for accessing television? How does Direct TV and Fubo TV's picture quality compare? Will soccer games look better with Direct TV?

I have both DirecTV and Fubo. I have an old skinny Fubo package which was offered when Fubo was first launched, and which isn’t offered anymore. Originally it was like $7 per month and now it’s $10 per month. It has the Univision channels, BeIN Sports channels, GolTV, and TyC Sports. I originally got it because DirecTV didn’t (and continues to not) have GolTV and TyC Sports in HD. Now, it’s absolutely crucial for me to keep Fubo because DirecTV dropped BeIN Sports.

The HD picture quality on both is similar. I don’t think there’s a noticeable difference (I’ll check later on the Univision channels I have on both). If you’re set up for 4K, DirecTV generally offers one premier league game per match week in 4K, and the quality is breathtaking compared to HD. FuboTV no longer offers this (and I don’t know how it compared to DirecTV as I never had NBCSN on Fubo).

Last edited:
Reactions: harshness
Bein Sports on Dish is poor both channels.

They also have the Xtra 4-8 channels via streaming that they added on Dish.
But Dish outputs 1080i.
Fubotv is better with 720P.

I've not tried them.

But on FuboTV the Bein Sports Xtra channels are so much better than the two standard Bein Sports channels.
Not sure why they can't all the the same quality. But the Xtra's are sharper.

And the frame rate is 60p and looks good on the Xtra Bein channels on FuboTV.

That said many of FuboTV's channels are 30p and look bad.
And are low bit rate as well.

Directv is usually better on most channels but it's still nothing to write home about.
Low bitrate HD on many of the latino sports / channels.

Your variety is much more on streaming.

And Tyc Sports is still SD they have never updated to HD.
FuboTV is HD but it's not that great of a picture.

Was watching the Champions League on TUDN which on Directv is 1080i native setting for the channel on the box.
But on FuboT it's 720P and they were running it at 60P. It was better looking than Directv.
No slo-mo and frame by frame with FuboTV.

A lot of the TUDN channels on FuboTV are 30p and look bad.

FuboTV needs to overhaul their setup and get rid of 30P it's looks like crap with sports.
Especially high speed sports like soccer.

The DVR features are pretty cool with FiboTV on recording.
But many of the channels on playback won't skip or are tedius to skip through.

The AppleTV box remote will let you pause and the slide your finger to skip ahead in time and the push the remote
pad again to play. But it hard to get right to a spot with accuracy. Directv and Dish DVR's and remotes are miles better for all that and the skipping.

Also, on the 4k channel with FuboTV you can't ever record it.
Only view live. Can't go back 3 days and watch it either.
And the 4k channel is always 30P and looks bad with sports.
Directv and Dish are way ahead. Especially Directv as they have the most content.

But for the Olympics and World Cup both Directv and Dish have the same 4k.

Hope that helps a bit.

bjf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)