Direct TV

prettyp

Original poster
May 11, 2009
Florida
I have a DirectTV, and I am clueless of how to get it work or how it works. Can someone please advise me from the beginning. Thanks for any help.

I think the OP was asking about how DirecTV works in general, not the CE program. He needs to read the forums a bit lower from the CE one.

DirectTv

I have read the information posted. Just one thing I'm sure sure about - where in this forum I can find the software to download. I understand it's only Fridays and Saturdays and the hours, so I guess I have to wait until Friday 11pm. Will this software enables me to actually watch directtv.

The link in goaliebob99's post has the answers.

You need to understand that the software that is downloaded is for certain DirecTV receivers to enable new features that are under beta testing.

I have read the post and tried to understand. The question I am asking is where to find the file to download at that time and how to do it.

That isn't a DVR, so this forum is the wrong one. This is the forum where the beta testng of new software for the DVRs is discussed.

You have a standalone DirecTV receiver. What kind of download are you looking for? Anyway, make sure it's connected to a phone line and it just might download a newer version of firmware if needed.

Of course, you need an account with DirecTV first.

If all you have is an old DTV unit and were hopeing to be able to use software alone to get DTV channels it just doesn't work that way. Your not going to get DTV without a subscription and a DTV Dish. It just isn't possible.

If you have a dish and an account then the best place to start is at Good TV. Better TV. DIRECTV.. They have some pretty easy to follow guides on setting up your system.

As for getting the latest beta software you have to first have an active account and a dish then on Friday or saturday night, if you have a model they put beta software out for you enter a special code thru your remote and it gets downloaded by the dish to your unit.

With it being a 3 yr old RCA unit I'm not even sure its capable of doing the CE's but I could be wrong on that point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)