HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We are re-launching Widgets Testing Today
Widgets has had a facelift and a change in name, it is now the TVApps

So here is the updated information.

-- STB Keywords
TVApps will work with all the HR2* and R22 DVRs. H2* is not fully supported yet.
Keyword: WIDGETSON to turn on TVApps (yes it still is WIDGETS)
Keyword: WIDGETSOFF to turn off TVApps

-- NEW WEBSITE
This site is for the CE Testing, none of the other sites that may “appear” to be widgets/TVApp related will work with TVApps
The site for CE testing: http://ce-tvapps.dtvce.com

-- CUSTOM TVApp Reset
MOST of the user created widgets will be removed from the TVApps database.
Testers will need to resubmit their TVApps.

-- DEVELOPMENT
There is an updated SDK that developers can use to create their widgets.
They may also use their own tools as they previously did.
Creation of new TVApps will be available during the next week.

-- NEW TVApps Type
Interactive TVApps will be available with this release.
You will see them available in the TVApp website.
We are investigating SDK options to allow custom interactive TVApps to be built.

-- PERFORMANCE
The performance of TVApps will be slow at first.
As the testing goes on DIRECTV will be working on server improvements that will increase the speed and reliability.

-- AVAILABILITY
Since this is still a testing phase, the hosting servers may be taken down without any notice.

However, please post if you are having problems and DIRECTV will filter out the reports based on their knowledge of server state.

Please remember that this this is a special CE test so keep all topics of TVApps here in the CE Forum and do not talk about the TVApps outside of the CE forum!

All other CE rules are in effect!

Last edited:
Its working!

(It's slow)

When I right click on the remote it take about 10 seconds before I see the Widget Bar comes up (its empty) then another 20 seconds or so before the Widget bar is populated.

I like that its now interactive (not just static pictures) and I like the DirecTV App Store! But again it is very slow. When it is loaded though it does move at a good speed.

They should have weeded out the apps before launching this new test, as I am not sure what to choose and whats going to be removed.

I was testing under the WIDGETS trial, and was never able to get them to come up...sometimes a brief blank screen, sometimes just a flicker of the blue light. It is still not working now....same issues. I can login to the website just fine. I did report these issues as they came up a few months back

Never have been able to get Widgets (TVApps?) to work on either my HR20-700 or my HR21. So something in my system must be killing them I am going to bet on my Linksys Router.

TVApps Style Guide

If your thinking about designing your own TVApps for DirecTV please use this guide to help you design the best style for your app!

This document will give you the guidelines for the graphic components for your customer TVApps.

Attachments

• DIRECTV Apps Graphic Guidelines.pdf
    388.2 KB · Views: 992
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)