DirecTivo to HR10-250 Question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

underlord2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Belleville, MI
I just had DirecTV installed in august with a triple LNB, how hard would it be to take out my DirecTivo and replace it with a HR10-250. I want to upgrade to an HD-TIVO.

Just hook up the satellite feeds in their respective tuners and call DTV to activate the unit?

I'm in Detroit and want to do this b/c of the MPEG4 upgrades that will happen later this year.

All HD programing is in 16:9 format. So to fit your square (4:3) into an rectangle (16:9) you're going to cut off the sides of the picture or have black bars.

underlord2 said:
One more question.. How will the HD programming look on my 4x3 HDTV compared to a 16x9 one? :)

How big is your TV? I have a 61" Toshiba 4x3 TV and I just let it stretch it top and bottom and I can even tell that it is being stretched. I have found that the 4x3 stretched doesn't look as bad as 4x3 broadcast stretched to 16x9 on a widescreen TV.

I have a 50" DLP. For me I don't worry about burn in so I just have black bars on the sides. When I had a CRT wide screen I would use a one of the zooms and cut a little off the top and bottom. My wife would complain the TV made women look fat. I much happier not to have to fool with zooming. With DLP I can freeze the Tivo for hours. IMHO wide screen is the is the future and the way to go!:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts