DirectTV at a second house

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pere845

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
Boise, Idaho
So we are going on a road trip and the little sisters will be staying at grandmas. since our apartment will be inaccessible to them I was wondering if I could take my genie and set it up at my grandma's house for them. She had DirecTV already and the setup is still there from Nov 2016. She had an HD DVR with a swim power supply. If It can't be done no biggie, the oldest has an iPhone with unlimited data to hold them till we get back

It should work, but if it's more than 100 miles or so, you may not get local channels.

Reactions: Pere845
If the dish and LNB are still in good shape and dish correctly aligned, it should work.

Though unless your grandmother's home is within the same footprint of your local's spotbeam, their will be no local channel reception.

As with tailgating and camping setups, while it's technically against your customer "Terms Of Service" (TOS) to do it. DIRECTV won't care as long as the setup is temporary and for private residential viewing.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pere845
If the dish and LNB are still in good shape and dish correctly aligned, it should work.

Though unless your grandmother's home is within the same footprint of your local's spotbeam, their will be no local channel reception.

As with tailgating and camping setups, while it's technically against your customer "Terms Of Service" (TOS) to do it. DIRECTV won't care as long as the setup is temporary and for private residential viewing.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Yep only 5 miles from my apartment, it's a house, and the satellite dish and cableing has not been tampered with

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)