DirectTV came to my house, tried to get me to switch

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
When they told me their plan to have 3 HD per transponder, I asked them to take a picture of my reaction, then they hosted it off their satellites.

This picture has been brought to you, thanks to DirectTV HD:

Attachments

• dtv.jpg
    dtv.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 360
Dvlos said:
When they told me their plan to have 3 HD per transponder, I asked them to take a picture of my reaction, then they hosted it off their satellites.

This picture has been brought to you, thanks to DirectTV HD:

Let it go. Enjoy Voom.

Wayne

I could always take my slander over to ComCast and get a discount on horrible service.

Neutron said:
When I had Voom this is what I kept seeing....

I think when you saw the price tag of HD Tivo's you've been seeing everything this way buddy. :rolleyes:

When it comes out >I< will dry hump it, take a picture and post it, since no one else seems to want to (openly).

Where I live the cable company is total crap, expensive and has ZERO HD and a guy came by my house one day and saw my dishes on the house and actually had the gall to ask me to switch. I kindly laughed as the door flattened his nose. They just got high speed internet about 3 months ago. I really hope Comcast will buy them up as I am sandwiched between Salem and Portland and Comcast serves those areas.

I like your sense of humor dvlos. Good stuff. I thought about switching to Voom myself but I don't care to be part of Dish Network anytime soon.

you would think that dishnet/directv would ATLEAST carry all their premium channels in hd which they don't even on big dish 4dtv they don't even carry starz or tmc in hdtv so it sort of tells you how far ahead voom is.

It's called customers, weagle, customers. Of which Voom doesn't have. And losing more every week. Hang in there with Voom. We will see you sooner or later. It's like the oil commercial. You can pay us now, or pay us later. :D

And they can't either. Even if they wanted to today! This is why they have Showtime-HD and HDnet Movies at lower resolution and who knows what else may be in down resolution. We all laughed when Starz announced a High Resolution channel for Starz and an HD Channel for Starz. Some even drop the Starz package because of the announcement of the Starz High Resolution channel. Now D* is doing the same. Showtime-HD is no more. It is Showtime-HR and HDnet movies is no more. It is HRnet movies. This is a fact!

Why are some people adamant that Voom fails. They aren't perfect but they're ahead of their competition. They offer the most HD anywhere in the world. Can't you be happy with that. DON"T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts