Tried to upgrade to vavavoom at the 79.95 rate...no luck. Anyone else??

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
Ok, I figured since voom is going down, I'd get the vavavoom package till they finally die. I am currently still being billed 39.95. So, I had read on several other threads that people who are still on the 39.95 plan have been allowed to upgrade and keep the 79.95 rate. I called, told the CSR I wanted to do that. She flat out said no. I explained that other people are doing it with no problem and could she please check with a supervisor. She refused to do that too and just said "nope, since jan. 1 all our rates went up for everyone and you can't get the old rate no matter what." What's going on?? I know I had read that people have been allowed to do that, as recently as yesterday or today if I'm not mistaken.

Given her attitude, I also have a feeling that she's going to change my account from the 39.95 it is at, to the 49.95.

What gives? Will it do me any good to call back and try another CSR or even ask for a supervisor?

Not only that, I'm missing the fight tonight because of this crap!!!! What a pain in the ass!!!

Rates went up Jan 1. If some CSR's made a mistake and let some people switch they should continue the error for you? Maybe you should use that arguement the next time a cop writes you a speeding ticket? You missed the fight on HBO because you are too tight to cough up the price increase not because of Voom.

Not entirely true. My rates still have not gone up, and from what I've read here, most people on the 39.95 rate did not go up. Also, several have reported being able to upgrade and keep the old rate of 79.95 when they did. I don't think it's a mistake. I could be wrong, but there have been too many who reported it for me to believe it's a mistake.

And don't get me started on cops and speeding tickets!!!!!! hehehe

"lostcause", I don't remember anyone posting that they had been grandfathered in at $79.95 for vava from $39.95. I do remember sereral posts about people complaining that they couldn't get grandfathered.

Rate raise? Maybe, but it hasn't shown up on our billing yet which runs through 2-12-05. And we pay ahead for the next month on our bills.

At this time still enjoying watching HDTV under cloudy but dry Seattle skies, Gill

Seattlevoomer,

here's a quote from the other day.

scottabs said:
Well, call me Kookooo! Like I said a few posts ago, I figured since I hadn't seen any of the premium channels in the past, I might as well get it and enjoy for a few days/weeks.

So, I just called and asked if I could get the old price since I was on the $39.90 basic package, but the CSR said it would be $89.90. Then, she put me on hold for a minute and came back and said that it would be $79.90 after all. (I resisted the attempt to say that it must be a "Going out of business sale".)

It's in the "End of voom" thread on page 25. Here's the link to the page.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=43544&page=25&pp=15

Seems to me they can do it if they feel like it. I guess my CSR just didn't feel like it.

I must be blessed. I only pay $79.90. I wonder why the rest of you seem to be paying a nickel more than I am. Since I'm blessed, I think I'll keep on VaVaVooming till the very end.
lostcause, I wish you could be blessed too.... Don't give up...
Long live Voom...

I'm so sorry for those of you who haven't! But, I definitely got my money's worth, and will continue as long as possible....

I believe it was stated at one time that any requested change in your service would result in being subject to the rate increase.

vurbano said:
I believe it was stated at one time that any requested change in your service would result in being subject to the rate increase.

Right, I remember reading that. But it seems like it's hit or miss depending on the rep you talk to. Again, see the post I quoted above from someone who upgraded just this weekend at the 79.90 rate. Now, I know it's only 10.00 for this specific bill, but when you pile on a whole stack of bills and take the attitude with each individual bill that it's only 10.00 more if that bill goes up, pretty soon it adds up. Some of us like me are probably way too poor to have stuff like this, and live just beyond our means, so in cases like this, every penny counts.

Thanks, lostcause, for setting me straight! Must be who you talk to and how persistent you are.

Still watching HDTV (Montreal Jazz Festival) under cloudless (it happens) Seattle skies, Gill

I just received my bill for Jan 19-->Feb 18 and it is still $79.90 for vavavoom and $9.50 for box rental. Of course, if they go dark on 2/1, I will have to fight for my prorated refund.

Had I known that rates were not going up, I would have kept Playboy/Hot. :)

Shelly

Hello, I see alot of talk about 79.95 or 89.90 , Guy's were talking about <10.00 get real
you love it. or you don't. oh by they way What Does DTV, or Dish Charge for less then this service.???.

kelljc said:
Hello, I see alot of talk about 79.95 or 89.90 , Guy's were talking about <10.00 get real
you love it. or you don't. oh by they way What Does DTV, or Dish Charge for less then this service.???.

you obviously missed what I wrote just one or two posts above...here it is again...

Now, I know it's only 10.00 for this specific bill, but when you pile on a whole stack of bills and take the attitude with each individual bill that it's only 10.00 more if that bill goes up, pretty soon it adds up. Some of us like me are probably way too poor to have stuff like this, and live just beyond our means, so in cases like this, every penny counts.

kelljc said:

I quit Voom back in November for raising my rate for making request for an additional STB they never came out to install, only made the appointment. Pretty pissed off they would not let me go back to the old pricing after they told me my rate would go up even when they told me it would'nt. Once the order is entered into the computer you screwed yourself. It is not reversible. So I told them to not install the extra STB and instead take the whole mess out, I quit! Well,... two weeks without Voom and back with Dish. Oh Boy!!!.. Now I am a born again Voomer with a new two room install and $89.90 per month. Voom is like a drug addiction to me. Although I have never been addicted to drugs mind you. I just could not live without Voom! The lesson cost me $10 more per month but I believe everyone will be paying the extra eventually if Voom survives.

VOOM
The King Of HD!

Please tell me that 10.00 or 20.00 or 50.00 a month will mean I can keep VOOM!!!

Don't know if I'm addicted to anything, but I feel reeeeeeeel stupid for not getting VOOM sooner.

Tried again tonight...still no dice. I was told that by february all subs will have gone up to the current 49.90/89.90 rate.

I'm almost tempted to tell them to go ahead and upgrade me considering they may end up shutting down in february anyways.

I wonder how scottabs managed this.....

lostcause said:
Tried again tonight...still no dice. I was told that by february all subs will have gone up to the current 49.90/89.90 rate.

I'm almost tempted to tell them to go ahead and upgrade me considering they may end up shutting down in february anyways.

I wonder how scottabs managed this.....

I was told it was going to be the $89.90. I started to say "nevermind", but figured that it may only cost me couple of dollars extra if they fold in a week or two. So, after I gave her the go ahead, she asked to put me on hold and came back and said it would be $79.90. I don't think she did anything to give me the better rate, but the computer just locked me in at that rate. I think she said something like "it looks like you will get it for $79.90 after all".

Now I am sorry I messed with my programming. Not only does it look like they later went in and upped the rate to the $89.90, but they also changed my Playboy from 14.90 to 19.90.

But, none of that happened until I worked with a CSR because I still wasn't getting some of the HBO channels. She didn't seem to know what she was doing, so I think she removed me and readded me as a customer, but she still didn't fix my HBO issues. I called back 30 minutes later, and the next CSR got it straightened out and said he would have someone "fix" my pricing issue. But, I just got a voice mail from Voom and they said "as of 12/31/04, all subscribers go on the new price". I may fight it, but will probably wait until the first of next month too see if they are even still in business.

ouch! That's EXACTLY what I was afraid would happen to me if I made any changes at all in my programming. I don't know that you have much of a fighting chance, considering that the couple of times I called, it was drilled in my head that ALL prices had gone up for everyone and there was no way to get any programming at the old prices.

scottabs, any luck? I may just upgrade anyways...although the total cost or 89.90 plus the box lease would be roughly the same as if I went with cable with their full package AND an HD DVR included.