DirectTV HD problem

onefoxalpha

Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
Hey there.

I am wondering if someone has an answer or me because I cant figure something out.

When I record an High Def television show on my DVR and then want to watch another HIgh Def show on a differnet channel, it says "searching for signal."

Basically, I can not watch any HD shows while another is recording, or record two HD shows at once.

I can record two standard def. shows at once without a problem. Also, lets say I can record a HD program and watch a standard def show on another channel.

I called Direct TV they had no good answer. What should I do. Thanks for the help.

Hey there.

I am wondering if someone has an answer or me because I cant figure something out.

When I record an High Def television show on my DVR and then want to watch another HIgh Def show on a differnet channel, it says "searching for signal."

Basically, I can not watch any HD shows while another is recording, or record two HD shows at once.

I can record two standard def. shows at once without a problem. Also, lets say I can record a HD program and watch a standard def show on another channel.

I called Direct TV they had no good answer. What should I do. Thanks for the help.
----
Quick note, you will get a faster response by posting this in the Directv technical questions or DirecTV forum.
----

Wow... that's interesting.

The only thing I can think of is maybe you have 1 bad B-band converter or something is wrong with one of the wires leading to your HD-DVR

Go into the setup menu and check the signal strengths on the 99/103 for both of your tuners... If one of them does not have a signal that is your problem.

If that is the case it can be a range of things... bad converter, bad wire on one tuner, or even one bad HD tuner.

There is only one other thing I can think of at all... maybe there is a splitter in the line somewhere causing a voltage problem/switching problem.

I am having this same exact problem. After some looking at the signal strengths I did notice that tuner 2 had 0's across the board for the 99 sat. I grabbed a b-band converter from my other HR22 and voila no more problems. I talked to an installer I know who said they've had some bad b-band converters, and that's exactly what you'll see. Now I'm waiting for a replacement converter.

You should check sat 99 on both tuners. I'll bet you'll see one is all zeros. If that's the case call DIRECTV and get a new b-band converter.