DirectTV High Definition Channel Signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mlminbtr

Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
United States
First, thanks in advance for any assistance on this issue. I have a DirectTV 3-LNB satellite dish and I'm in Baton Rouge, LA. I set-up the dish and got a good signal right-away, but I could not get any HD channel on the guide or any reception (with the exception of one Hispanic Channel). I really don't know where to start asking this question so I'll just start here...

Do you think it's an alignment problem (I had a good clear view of the sky and it was a beautifully, clear night) or could there be a problem with the LNB's on the dish? I was getting a pretty good signal on most of the transponders on satellite 101 and about half on satellite 110.

Again, thanks for any help.

What dish and receiver are you using? Phase 3/ Slimline 3 with multiswitch/ slimline 5 with multiswitch/ slimline 3 with SWM/slimline 5 with SWM, are you using BBCs?

mlminbtr said:
First, thanks in advance for any assistance on this issue. I have a DirectTV 3-LNB satellite dish and I'm in Baton Rouge, LA. I set-up the dish and got a good signal right-away, but I could not get any HD channel on the guide or any reception (with the exception of one Hispanic Channel). I really don't know where to start asking this question so I'll just start here...

Do you think it's an alignment problem (I had a good clear view of the sky and it was a beautifully, clear night) or could there be a problem with the LNB's on the dish? I was getting a pretty good signal on most of the transponders on satellite 101 and about half on satellite 110.

Again, thanks for any help.

Are you getting the rest of your HD channels in HD ?
If yur not getting any HD channels, are your BBCs on, remember they are not needed if the dish is a SWM set up.

Have you tried a re authorization yet ?
I'm guessing your referring to Local channels your getting from D*, not OTA, right ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

it sounds like you have a Phase III dish which is smaller than the slimline and has the wrong setup

If it says "multi-satellite" on it that is the Phase III. To get HD you would need a different dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)