DirectTV install offers on HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DBENE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2004
Are there any current install offers on DirectTV that include a free HD receiver (like Dish and VOOM) or do you still have to purchase the HD receiver completely to get DirectTV in high Def?

DBENE said:
Are there any current install offers on DirectTV that include a free HD receiver (like Dish and VOOM) or do you still have to purchase the HD receiver completely to get DirectTV in high Def?

:) Call Directv and ask them, they have had special offers for existing customers. The best I have seen posted was a $99 upgrade cost, but the equipment is a lot better than DISH's free crap.

Always best to shop around, what with the free DVD offers etc, its not always price to look out for, also if you order from DirecTV your installer may be some kid from the local HSP! Rather than a seasoned pro! You are only a new customer once!

you get what you pay for, at DirecTV that is quite clear. $99 will get you a great receiver. don't fall for Dish's free or cable type rental program for receivers that don't even work.

$99 special? They didn't offer it to me.

I called DirecTV, and the best they could offer me was $249 for the HD receiver and antenna. They said that was what I could get by reviewing my length of service (10+ years) and bill payments (never late). I said that I would be switching to V*, but that didn't phase them.

Call back and if needbe talk with customer retention.

Do not go with Voom or DISH on this. DISH isn't going to be an HD leader. Their leader won't add anything else because it isn't compelling enough.

scott tells us this today which he got from his souce at DirecTV: "And then in what I feel is the biggest news, he told me that A LOT of HD is coming to DirecTV, not a few new HD Channels, but a LOT of HD channels. He said we could see more on this within a few weeks. He also would not name and channels here. He did say some at VOOM and Dish would be really surprised with what they are getting ready to roll out."

signed up with D* last night

I changed back to D* from being with Voom for a month last night and they gave me the $99 HD reciever. All you have to do is tell them they offered it to you when you cancelled your D*.

I don't understand how they can give away a 3 room system for free, but not a 1 room HD system. Or at least discount it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)