DirectTV internal switch replacement? Where to get one?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pastrami

Original poster
May 24, 2008
First post here, hopefully, I get this right.

I have one of the elliptical dish that have 3 LNBs, I removed the original internal switch out so that it would work with my coolsat FTA receiver. But I'm returning back to dtv and I can't find the switch anymore.

Is there anyway to buy the switch instead of the whole dish+lnbs? Right now, I have the three lnbs connected up to a regular switch but it seems like the receiver only "sees" the signal from one of the inputs.

Is there a switch I can buy that would combine the 3 lnb signal to 1 and have the receiver see all 3 of them instead of just one?

thanks in adv!

I figured it would cheaper if I can just pick up the right switch, plus setting up the dish took me sooooooooooooooooooooooo long, that now I'm dread going through the setup again. :)

I figured it would cheaper if I can just pick up the right switch, plus setting up the dish took me sooooooooooooooooooooooo long, that now I'm dread going through the setup again. :)
Cheaper is using it as designed not ripping it apart. Internal switches were never designed to be sold separately just buy the assembly and replace it on your dish.:)

Cheapest thing to do would be call D* and tell them you want to return but no longer have the dish. They'll send out an installer and put up a brand new one for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)