DirectTV internal switch replacement? Where to get one?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pastrami

Original poster
May 24, 2008
First post here, hopefully, I get this right.

I have one of the elliptical dish that have 3 LNBs, I removed the original internal switch out so that it would work with my coolsat FTA receiver. But I'm returning back to dtv and I can't find the switch anymore.

Is there anyway to buy the switch instead of the whole dish+lnbs? Right now, I have the three lnbs connected up to a regular switch but it seems like the receiver only "sees" the signal from one of the inputs.

Is there a switch I can buy that would combine the 3 lnb signal to 1 and have the receiver see all 3 of them instead of just one?

thanks in adv!

I figured it would cheaper if I can just pick up the right switch, plus setting up the dish took me sooooooooooooooooooooooo long, that now I'm dread going through the setup again. :)

I figured it would cheaper if I can just pick up the right switch, plus setting up the dish took me sooooooooooooooooooooooo long, that now I'm dread going through the setup again. :)
Cheaper is using it as designed not ripping it apart. Internal switches were never designed to be sold separately just buy the assembly and replace it on your dish.:)

Cheapest thing to do would be call D* and tell them you want to return but no longer have the dish. They'll send out an installer and put up a brand new one for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.