DirectTV MVR status?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rschmitty

Original poster
May 28, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
Hi, sorry for another post on MVR, after searching and attempting to reply I got this error.

This Thread is more than 84 days old, you can't reply to it.

I hate seeing the 1 post 'Hi whats the answer' guys but I tried search, honestly!

I've seen commercials on directv saying you can watch an on-demand movie half in the family room and half in the bedroom.. so that's kinda MVR.. I think

I'm more interested in a solution for HD TV shows where I can record either at a 'central server' DVR or any of the HD DVRs and then watch that show from any of the other DVRs. All rooms are networked and have coax just waiting for the tech/rights/DTV whatever to do it.

Right now I just have a single HD-DVR - HR20-700 and am holding off on upgrading the other SD STBs until there is a known solution for HD MVR and threads here have just said 2nd half of year with no details yet from DirecTV

Was really bummed about the pull out from Win7 too

Hi, sorry for another post on MVR, after searching and attempting to reply I got this error.

This Thread is more than 84 days old, you can't reply to it.

I hate seeing the 1 post 'Hi whats the answer' guys but I tried search, honestly!
Try again, Buckaroo Bonzai. The next time you search, use the search term MRV.
I've seen commercials on directv saying you can watch an on-demand movie half in the family room and half in the bedroom.. so that's kinda MVR.. I think
Not even the same thing. What they're talking about there is authorizing all receivers for a single PPV. This usually costs extra.
I'm more interested in a solution for HD TV shows where I can record either at a 'central server' DVR or any of the HD DVRs and then watch that show from any of the other DVRs. All rooms are networked and have coax just waiting for the tech/rights/DTV whatever to do it.
To save you some time, MRV is not available to the general public, but do a search and get the whole story.

apologies... and thank you, off to that forum for research. already plenty of info there I see

feel free to banish this thread into the abyss :(

What that commercial is referring to is if you order a PPV via the internet access (which doesn't have a surcharge) or via phone (which has a surcharge) that all your receivers on that account would be authorized to view the PPV, not really MRV using the defintion most folks have for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)